Most expensive unneeded gun item you buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    For me, its 10-8 basepads.

Pad-MP9x4_blk_400.jpg

I love the heck out of them, they work fantastic, but at $70 bucks for 4, they dont come cheap :) Considering the alternative, is 2 dollars, shipped.

So come on, confess your overly expensive, 100% luxury items you buy to support your hobby.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Why do you buy the 10-8 baseplates instead of using the OEM one? Not judging, just curious.

I think for me, it was LaRue Magpul UDE furniture. It's way above the 'sale' price of other Magpul furniture in different colors.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It has to be almost all the gun stuff I buy.
    They are not all very expensive but at the end its a lot for stuff I cant even use.
    I bought 4 Glock magazines when I wanted a Glock 19 before I even bought the gun, then I ended buying another gun so I have no need for my Glock magazines anymore.
    Of course I had to buy a couple of new magazines for the gun I got but I then sold that gun without the extra magazines so I now have even more magazines without the gun to go with it.
    Same with ammo, I was planning on getting a shotgun so I bought a bunch of ammo for it and of course then I didnt buy the gun ... so yeah now I have a bunch of useless ammo.
    Maybe next time I should try to buy the gun first then the ammo and extra gear to go with the gun.
    Oh well ...

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Holsters. For each handgun I own - even if they are the same gun - I have a separate right and left belt holster, as well as a separate right and left inside the pant holster.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I usually stock up on accessories, like scopes, even though I don't have a specific gun I want to put it on. Is ammo an accessory?

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Uneeded? nothing.. I don't get to buy enough, I am broke from being responsible and paying my bills and my taxes.. Oh and from paying for all those free loading SOB's who think Welfare is an occupation..

Expensive? All of it.. I said I was broke, if you have to ask how much, you really can't afford it...

LOL no seriously I think the most expensive thing I buy that I don't need is ammo, if I see it cheap I buy it, if it is something I haven't shot through a particular gun I will buy at least a box, but then someone keeps telling me 2 is 1 and 1 is none..

Is it bad to have 1000 rounds of carry ammo and a couple thousand rounds of target ammo on hand for your EDC weapon?

Or is it bad to carry almost 100 rounds on you or with you when you leave the house?

Colonel D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indy
    It has to be almost all the gun stuff I buy.
    They are not all very expensive but at the end its a lot for stuff I cant even use.
    I bought 4 Glock magazines when I wanted a Glock 19 before I even bought the gun, then I ended buying another gun so I have no need for my Glock magazines anymore.
    Of course I had to buy a couple of new magazines for the gun I got but I then sold that gun without the extra magazines so I now have even more magazines without the gun to go with it.
    Same with ammo, I was planning on getting a shotgun so I bought a bunch of ammo for it and of course then I didnt buy the gun ... so yeah now I have a bunch of useless ammo.
    Maybe next time I should try to buy the gun first then the ammo and extra gear to go with the gun.
    Oh well ...

I'd happily take your "hand-me-downs". :)

As for the OP's question, I have an abundance of holsters that I will never use.

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    For me it's gun cleaning stuff. Every 1500 visit I end up with something or other. Like that Otis cleaning system. Jeez, that system was a total waste..., how much do I pinch off those round patches depending on caliber..., you kidding me? Plus, neither instructional video from Otis has ever worked on my pc..., just my 2c.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Weaponlights. I have one on my nightstand pistol and my home defense shotgun, which makes sense. However, I also have them on my 9mm AR, my M4, my LMT 10.5", and one of my AKs, and I have a spare M3 pistol light that I can rotate among any/all of my Glocks... none of which are kept in a defense-ready condition.

It's a sickness.

Top Bottom