Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch
    Returning to a government that governs by rule of law from limits defined by ACTUAL enumerated powers.

NO OTHER course will save us.

This can't happen while the junkie (federal government) still has a direct line to his dealer (the FED).

I'm not saying it WILL happen, only that if it doesn't happen our best days are behind us.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch
    Returning to a government that governs by rule of law from limits defined by ACTUAL enumerated powers.

NO OTHER course will save us.

I'm not saying it WILL happen, only that if it doesn't happen our best days are behind us.

I agree with you. My point is that the FED and its actions are the main enablers of the despised actions. Reign in or end the FED and fedgov will have no choice but to shrink back toward more acceptable limits.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Lots of talk going on about what the most important issues are in this election.

I was in a discussion today where a friend said,"Regardless of your politics, set that aside for a moment, this election is about clear choices. There is a big difference between the two parties' candidates."

I happen to disagree.

What I took from his statement is that on those issues which he views as most important, the candidates from the two major parties are very different in his view.

What I soon realized is that what he views as "the most important issue" is much different than what I view as "the most important issue.". This stems in some part from the fact that we have very different views on what is the role of the federal government.

So, I thought I would ask the folks here their opinion.

1) What issue is most important to you in this election?

2) What is the role of the federal government?

The EXPANSION of the federal gov't..it's intrusion into our rights....and thusly, it's out of control spending.

2nd is the economy.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    1). Follow the Constitution (which by definition will promote individual liberty, personal responsibility, shrink the size of the Federal govt., end the Fed and get us out of needless foreign wars.)

2). Follow the Constitution

Top Bottom