• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I DESPISE the 10/22, that damn cocking assembly always has that almost undetectable lean that's just enough so the stupid bolt won't fit without a lot of cussing.:xmad: I did put a KIDD cocking assembly in it and it has made it a bit easier but it's still a PITA.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    First rule for the MK III --- Do not try to dissassemble unless you are in the presence of someone who has done it before!!! Then you'll be fine. They are great shooters.

Really? I'd heard they were difficult, but wow... not looking forward to my first attempt.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I watched two different youtube videos on how to reassemble my MKIII 22/45. I used the instructions to get it apart and quickly figured out that getting it back together (so it would still shoot) was a little more than what Ruger puts in the manual. YouTube is definitely your friend on this one.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am about to call it quits. Is there anyone in Fort Wayne that can possibly help. I got it all apart but cannot get the barrel off. I light tap is not doing it a hard tap is not doing it. Now I cannot get either one back together. I have never not been able to disassemble or reassemble a gun I own.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I am about to call it quits. Is there anyone in Fort Wayne that can possibly help. I got it all apart but cannot get the barrel off. I light tap is not doing it a hard tap is not doing it. Now I cannot get either one back together. I have never not been able to disassemble or reassemble a gun I own.

It could take a pretty good amount of force if it's the first time, make sure your tapping the right end :)

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I always thought my Mark II was a bear to put back together. I just got a Mark III and it is nearlyy impossible for me to get the main spring housing back into place, Ive read the book and even followed the video in Ruger's web site. It's just a tough gun to reassemble.

gunman1948

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Connersville Indiana
    31 years ago when I first started in the firearms business, I had Three Rugers apart, and it took me several hours to figure how to get them back together. These new Mark III are more complicated. The best thing I found out how to get them back together is to have the instruction manual right with you while putting them back together.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just a quick thankyou to Gunman1948 for installing a set of night-sights on my glock mod.30, a few yrs. ago. Nice job! Thanks again.

Top Bottom