• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    I bow hunt all season but when I do gun hunt it is black powder. I know this is not what you wanted so I will tell you about my hunting pardners gu n. Rossi 44 cal

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    cannot think of the gun but a friend of mine had one that he could interchange from muzzleloader to shotgun? I guess that seemed like a decent thought but maybe there would be a reason to have 2 different ones also

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    mossberg 500

cannot think of the gun but a friend of mine had one that he could interchange from muzzleloader to shotgun? I guess that seemed like a decent thought but maybe there would be a reason to have 2 different ones also

I have a 50 barrel for my Mossberg 500. very heavy but shoots better than my knight. Four barrels make it a very useful tool.

kenyo64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Sure like the Ruger 77/44 my wife won on a raffle at our local conservation club for $20:):
    ken

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I would imagine as of late it would be a form of .44 magnum for rifle season and T/C or CVA .50 for muzzleloading. Those just seem to be what pops up about any time a thread is started about showing your hunting equipment.

Personally I have a .44 H&R for the kids and I use a T/C Triumph. Although I had to try out the 44 this year and took a buck with it.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Look at the latest release and the deer harvest from the DNR. Still more deer killed with shotguns for a modern firearm than anything else.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Look at the latest release and the deer harvest from the DNR. Still more deer killed with shotguns for a modern firearm than anything else.
    I think the number of hunters using shotguns while deer hunting in Indiana are gradually going to be less and less.. Many reasons, cost of quality slugs, accuracy of rifles, less recoil and less weight. With the introduction of more rifle cartridges more guys will make the switch. Many as stated, use a muzzleloader during firearms season. I have made the switch for next year, no more 11/87 Rem for me, its' a .450 Bushmaster. The wife is going to trade in her 12 gauge Mossberg for a TC in a rifle caliber. Like the old country song says... "Thank God and Greyhound you"re Gone"....shotguns....

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I shoot a .458 Socom and a .358 Wildcat built on a Stevens 200. There about the same accuracy wise the .358 shoots a little hotter and has better ballistic co but the .458 ammo is available off the shelf.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I picked up a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag last summer for deer season.... and I love it. Light weight, easy to maneuver in the woods, accurate, and fun all around.

I cant foresee myself going back to a slug gun anytime soon.

Now, if Indiana ever goes to rifle cartridges the Marlin might see retirement. But until then I expect to have her out for years to come.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have a 50 barrel for my Mossberg 500. very heavy but shoots better than my knight. Four barrels make it a very useful tool.

the folks that hunt the other side of the property i hunt both use those. yours must shoot straighter than theirs becasue in the last 3 years i cant count how many deer they have wonded or missed.

i use a 358 bfg fot stand hunting, a rem 1100 for pushes, a bow in bow season and a tc encore in muzzleloader

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    the folks that hunt the other side of the property i hunt both use those. yours must shoot straighter than theirs becasue in the last 3 years i cant count how many deer they have wonded or missed.

i use a 358 bfg fot stand hunting, a rem 1100 for pushes, a bow in bow season and a tc encore in muzzleloader

Sounds more like operator error to me.
    I have the same set-up, Mossberg 12ga. and 50cal M/L for the 500 platform.
    It shoots as well as I do, so I'm guessiong your "neighbors" need to work on sight-picture, sight-alignment, and trigger squeeze.

Top Bottom