• 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sounds more like operator error to me.
    I have the same set-up, Mossberg 12ga. and 50cal M/L for the 500 platform.
    It shoots as well as I do, so I'm guessiong your "neighbors" need to work on sight-picture, sight-alignment, and trigger squeeze.

i have no doubt that its user error. they are just the type of hunters who dont pratice or sight in there gun prior to season. i remember the first year they hunted there i ask how it shot. one of them said "we didn't see any this morning"

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    hunting guns

Look at the latest release and the deer harvest from the DNR. Still more deer killed with shotguns for a modern firearm than anything else.

I am a little slow but i looked all over dnr website and couldnt find the reports you were speaking of. really interested in seeing them

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I know this doesnt apply to indiana, but wasnt the winchester model 94 americas favorite deer rifle at one point? I have one and would love for indiana to legalize it. But just for here in indiana i still love my 870. Although my gf loves her 44 handi that i bought her.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    From the data, it looks like the rifle is picking up most of the gain from the shotgun's lost. Personally, I am somewhat surprised the muzzleloader has not seen more of a boost (relatively stable as a percentage for the last 4-5 years.) I switched to a muzzleloader so I could rely on having the consistency of taking the same firearm with me regardless of whether it was firearm season or muzzleloader only, but I am rather simplistic that way.

Top Bottom