• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JenTheGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Castleton, IN
    A guy at my office was fired for referring to our interns as "dirty little mongrels" in an email to the entire company. In his defense, he did say "j/k".

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Was let go the day my now ex broke up with me. Turns out the boss that let me go had been sleeping around with her. He was twice her age married with 3 kids.

Side note, the best part was nobody could give me a reason why I was being let go. They were both fired by his wife on my 21st birthday. (He was part owner of the place we worked at.)

:xmad: I'm pissed for you, dude.

And as for my ridiculous reason:
    Meijer of Carmel - rated the worst Meijer to work at due to the shoppers there (no offense. I shop there..... they refer to the rich community there as the difficult ones. i'm poor. =D )

16 months good solid work cashiering and cart gathering (more of the cart gathering than anything else after only 4 months in). Missed 0 days of work, arrived late only once due to a flat tire, which occurred around 12 months into working there.
    One day I'm forced to do carts on a day I was already under the weather a little bit as I have annual sinus infections / head colds. Well long story short, I threw up three times that day. After I threw up a third time I went to the Asst. Manager, who was my direct supervisor and told her. She told me "If you go home, don't come back."

Well, I did. And I didn't. At least not as an employee :)

It was fun, though. I got her old fat ass a write-up when the GM called me asking me why I wasn't in work one day; told him I was fired. He apologized and told me I wasn't - too bad for them I had a job lined up already.

Last edited:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Before even being hired, I was asked if there were any times I couldn't work. I told the GM of the store that I was going on a vacation later that year. I was told it was fine, but to be sure to mark the date on the request off sheet. (Taken down every couple weeks) 3 months before my vacation, I told the GM the dates, which he said was fine, and asked when I should write it down on the sheet so he wouldn't forget to give me it off. He said I should write it 2-3 weeks before I left. 3 weeks before my vacation, I requested off my vacation. I come into work the week before I leave and see that I am scheduled to work the entire week I requested off and that the GM has written "NOT PASS" next to my request off. I ask him about it and he tells me that he forgot the time i needed off was during the Indy 500 and everyone has to work. He then tells me if i don't show up, I'll get fired. I had already booked a hotel and paid for my airfare which cost way more than what i would have made that week. Long story short, I went on my vacation and considered myself "fired".

The kicker of my story is that the day after I returned from my vacation, the GM called me and asked if i could work the following week because he was very shorthanded and needed help. Needless to say, I politely declined and found a better job! :):

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Work buddies most of the time are just that. Also remember not to crap where you eat. You can find mates anywhere else but work.
    my buddies here at work are contracted out. have nothing to gain by getting me fired. i picked em good. haha. as much as i doubt they would try such things, i do still make sure my rear is covered.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :xmad: I'm pissed for you, dude.

And as for my ridiculous reason:
    Meijer of Carmel - rated the worst Meijer to work at due to the shoppers there (no offense. I shop there..... they refer to the rich community there as the difficult ones. i'm poor. =D )

16 months good solid work cashiering and cart gathering (more of the cart gathering than anything else after only 4 months in). Missed 0 days of work, arrived late only once due to a flat tire, which occurred around 12 months into working there.
    One day I'm forced to do carts on a day I was already under the weather a little bit as I have annual sinus infections / head colds. Well long story short, I threw up three times that day. After I threw up a third time I went to the Asst. Manager, who was my direct supervisor and told her. She told me "If you go home, don't come back."

Well, I did. And I didn't. At least not as an employee :)

It was fun, though. I got her old fat ass a write-up when the GM called me asking me why I wasn't in work one day; told him I was fired. He apologized and told me I wasn't - too bad for them I had a job lined up already.

No offense to the wonderful lady's that post in this forum but I will never, ever, ever again work with a female supervisor/dispatcher. Have had way to many bad experiences and do not wish to have any more. Love the lady's, great to know and be around, suck to work for. Never again.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    ...... Some days the only choice we have is our choice of attitude. Blessings.
    Great line..is that an original? That was the way I felt when I was called in by my boss. I thought I was getting a raise, since my annual reviews were all excellent.
    What I got was... fired. I had no idea why and Management wasn't telling.
    I got my first hint when they asked me to sign an agreement not to sue them for age discrimination, or else I would get no severence pay.(classy, eh?)

The guy at my desk the next day was just a few years out of school, from a department that was closing down. Funny thing...I liked the guy, too.
    I was out of work for more than a year, also, so I understand what you are going through. My "choice of attitude" at that time was (still is) that I surely don't want to work for folks that don't want me there.
    My new job paid about 1/3 of what I was making.That was 8 years ago. Now I'm up to 1/2. WoooHooo!! :rockwoot:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My all time favorite was getting fired for quitting!

LOL! That's a good one.
    "I'm giving my notice."
    "Oh, yeah? YOU'RE FIRED!"

donald-trump-youre-fired.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    ...i slept with girl at work. good times right?...

she started dating guy on the same line i worked. he got lippy and whatnot.

she and him conjured up the idea that i was running my mouth to the people working on line about our intimate times. obviously not the truth.

well.. any woman who screams sexual harassment wins... so i got fired.

Loose lips sink ships...

Speaking of loose lips... :whistle:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Great line..is that an original? That was the way I felt when I was called in by my boss. I thought I was getting a raise, since my annual reviews were all excellent.
    What I got was... fired. I had no idea why and Management wasn't telling.
    I got my first hint when they asked me to sign an agreement not to sue them for age discrimination, or else I would get no severence pay.(classy, eh?)

The guy at my desk the next day was just a few years out of school, from a department that was closing down. Funny thing...I liked the guy, too.
    I was out of work for more than a year, also, so I understand what you are going through. My "choice of attitude" at that time was (still is) that I surely don't want to work for folks that don't want me there.
    My new job paid about 1/3 of what I was making.That was 8 years ago. Now I'm up to 1/2. WoooHooo!! :rockwoot:
    At least you're being paid to surf on INGO.:D

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    No offense to the wonderful lady's that post in this forum but I will never, ever, ever again work with a female supervisor/dispatcher. Have had way to many bad experiences and do not wish to have any more. Love the lady's, great to know and be around, suck to work for. Never again.

I too feel the same way. I would rather work for some jerk of a guy who is the same jerk everyday, then some woman who treats her employes based from what mood she is in for the day. I mean absolutely no offense to any women, but I just have to say that in my Experiance, it has held true.

For the first 3 years I worked there, she was the coolest person I had ever worked for. We had one diss agreement and from that day on she turned into another person toward me.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I have heard alot of doozies. I was a victim of management needing a scapegoat. IMO most middle management are just trying to advance their stalled career and really don't care about their employees. Trying to prove they "can make the big decision" and get that promotion. The ones I have known tend to be miserable bastards.

I worked at a place running heavy equipment and one night I was in a loader when the crankshaft broke.I was fired because they claimed it was "operator error" and it would cost $10k to rebuild the engine.This same company has a excavator operator who has snapped 4 or 5 bucket pins that cost $2500 apiece.Just proved to me,it's not who you know,it's who you blow.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For the first 3 years I worked there, she was the coolest person I had ever worked for. We had one diss agreement and from that day on she turned into another person toward me.

You two should go have a smoke and discuss this like adults.
    Maybe you can get your job back.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I was let go at a Mortgage Company because I wouldn't over charge people. I was always dead in the middle with my numbers. They said all I had to do was charge another point and I would be one of the top producers. I explained that there was no need to do that and that I was happy with my income and my consistent place in the middle of the pack. I also explained that I would rather be on the top of "the guy I want to deal with list" than the "top producer list" and they decided that due to my soul being intact I would have to find other employment.

My next interview was at another top tier mortgage company. The owner interveiwed me and asked why I had to leave the other company. I told him that "I am not going to compromise my principles for a paycheck and that I am not going to charge anyone more than my time is worth." He hired me on the spot.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am a Licensed Professional Engineer. I was once fired because I took work home with me on a week-end. The following monday I found out I was not allowed to charge time to a project unless I was in the office. The office sign-in clock showed I was in the office for 30 minutes the previous Saturday and yet I had charged four hours. I was was not even asked how can that be. I was fired on the spot and charged with falsifying my time sheet. God Bless his heart, my Boss did what he thought was best.

Heck, I was a Manager who often took work home with me, attended meetings out of the office and went on site inspections. I charged time to the projec without any problems. I later found out he was told by the main office to fire someone. It was either me or my boss's son. I lost.

Indiana is a "fire at will State". I think they just did not like me. :>)

I've been unemployed for over three years with no hope to go back to work. My license to practice is due the end of July 2012.

Vv

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom