Most ridiculously overpriced thing you saw at the Indy 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I had the wife drop me off on 38th street I think it was at the last light and I was going to walk to the entrance and not pay for parking. I walked all the way down the drive along the gate to the southwest pavilion entrance, which 2 shows ago was the entrance. When I got around to where I could see the door I thought WTF no cars no people in line? I asked a lot officer and he said 3 buildings down (where I just came from) to the south building. MOTHER******!!!! I felt like a clown walking around the parking lot with a camo muzzleloader on my shoulder.
    Did you have your copy of the 2nd amendment to pass out to onlookers?

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    You ever shot one? I bought one and it is GREAT!

I used to own a .40 compact P250. FTF's were very common, with 3 different magazines. The DA trigger pull was smooth and light, but far inferior to a Glock or M&P trigger for defensive work. Like any DAO pistol, it was far too easy to short stroke the trigger during fast strings of fire.

Sig made major design changes on the P250 recently, and now magazines from the older P250s don't work in the new P250, and there are holster compatibility issues. Hopefully the design changes fixed the FTF issues on the Sig P250, which were common to the .40 model. Light primer strikes were also an early issue with many P250's, but I didn't experience any when I owned one.

I did enjoy shooting the P250 when it worked, but never did get to the point of respecting it as a serious contender in the polymer frame defensive pistol category. Muzzle flip was far more noticeable than a Glock or M&P, due to the high bore axis of the P250 design. Recoil wasn't bad, however....sort of a roll back in the hand, like a .45 instead of a .40 caliber.

I have no experience with the P250 in calibers other than .40, but I can't imagine that a 9mm Sig P250, for example, does anything better than a Glock 19/17 or M&P 9, mostly due to the DAO trigger. If Sig has fixed the FTF issues, then I'm sure the P250 would make a decent recreational gun or tackle box gun.

Plainly speaking, there's a reason that pistols that say "Sig" on them are going brand new for less than $400, and it isn't because of their soaring popularity or sterling reputation as a defensive pistol.

dg101win

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    North Central In.
    I saw a S&W Mdl 28-2 for $700. Actually saw quite a few S&W's at this show, I am talking about the older pre-lock ones ,but the people sure were proud of them. Shooter grade with an asking price of a 98% revolver or just out of sight prices.
    Factory ammo out of sight. Bulk 22's for $25 and UP. Now there were a few decent prices on some of the ammo. Powder and new brass was high also.

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    I saw a lot of beat up Garands but none less than $750.
    OUCH! Really?

I'm guessing sellers think they're all worth a premium now since the ATF/DOJ/whomever denied the import of all of those Garands awhile back.

Historically I think a majorityof items at the 1500 are overpriced. But the sellers need to pay for their spaces too.

dg101win

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    North Central In.
    " But the sellers need to pay for their spaces too."

I understand that but no need to pay for their table with just one sale. At the last Tipton show I heard one guy say " with just one handgun sale I can pay for the whole weekend here"

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    not crowed as usual, I did't get there till late and walked right in and from table to table was no problem, saw several good prices on some shotguns, and a few pistols, some shooter garands mixed parts more than likely for 550 and 600, they were pretty well beat, no one had good prices on powder that I saw:xmad:, and were did all the manuals go that are always there, but the candy and beefjerkey were great as usual:):

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Magpul stocks. bleh My room mate was looking for the PRS to put on his LWRC, couldn't touch it for 250. he went home, hit the interwebz and ended up buyin a new buffer, buffer spring, buffer tube and the stock for 228, that included his mil discount, and shipping.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    $3 to park
    $9 to get in
    INGO Sticker, Patch and 5 pack of barrel flags...Priceless.

This is my first 1500, and it was interesting in an "anthropology expedition" sort of way...I couldn't place my finger on it, but I got the same feeling in a Kentucky Walmart after midnight on a Tuesday about a month. :-)

-Drew

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    All I bought was a ten pack of chamber flags. So I have 24 dollars in them. 12 for the flags and 12 admission. Good flags but now expensive flags. Could not find a single leather black or gray sling in the whole show.

Got to meet andrew at profire and the bobcat people. SSNFA people. and passed on the ingo tee shirts. Bulls belts were out of blacks in my size should have got there friday for them but I can call him.

Saw a marlin model 39a 1957 version with a name engraved in it and no mag tube in rough shape for 395 dollars. It was a pice of crap so I offered him 100 as a parts gun and the said he would take no less than 175 but still at that is was not worth the price. So his advertised 395 dollar gun when down to 175 or 44% lower than he was asking and it still was not worth the price.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I don't know if they were "overpriced" or not, but the most expensive guns I saw were the fully automatic M60 E4's with a price tag of $45,000 & the matched pair for $82,500.

Can't afford the bullets for a fully automatic weapon, so I decided to pass up the deal. :rolleyes:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Wanted a box of 50 Speer 180 gr .40 Gold Dots, found boxes of 165 gr 50 to a box around $30 a box, finaly found 180 gr ona dealers table, 20 in a box...........$25 a box. passed, futur son in law saw a Russian mis matched part SKS on a table for "ONLY" $750.

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    The food!!

I did see 2 Mosin Nagants on a table priced at $225 each, and that's about double what I've seen them going for anywhere.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Most ammo and mags were way overpriced. Some people must buy these, I don't get it.

You havent been paying attention to ammo prices if you couldnt find any good deals there.

That and the 5.00 used AR 30 rounders were way over priced.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom