• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I will add to the mix, I am not a big fan of modified guns, Figure if the gun needed that feature someone at the factory would have done it... But could not resist this..

Some one took what looks to be a type 99 Japanese rifle fixed it up with an m-14 box magazine and like Bi-pod..

The work is pretty nice, The magazine locks in just like a Mini-14 or M14.. The magazine release works real clean..

The Bolt will even lock back on empty magazine.

Now the seller did not do the modifications but said that the gun was reconfigured to take 300 savage rounds.. I will take to a gun smith 1st to verify what the caliber is just to be safe..

315len8.jpg

2qs5h1y.jpg

22ykuu.jpg

nn5n2b.jpg

2z7nak7.jpg

mkx5ko.jpg

1to2lw.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    like the rifle ,.......is it a work of art? ......or some really good "bubba job" ......you be the judge i suppose

I think of it as a possible What if gun of an Alternative WW II ending... What if the Atom bomb was not used to end WWII and the end drags on into the 50s.. Japanese soldiers heading off to many hills and caves of many Islands. The t44 /m14 project is accelerated. And as the island clearing goes on, it only seems possible a Japanese soldier cut off from supplies would take a damaged m14 and use its parts to add a little more firepower for his aging 5 shot rifle...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think of it as a possible What if gun of an Alternative WW II ending... What if the Atom bomb was not used to end WWII and the end drags on into the 50s.. Japanese soldiers heading off to many hills and caves of many Islands. The t44 /m14 project is accelerated. And as the island clearing goes on, it only seems possible a Japanese soldier cut off from supplies would take a damaged m14 and use its parts to add a little more firepower for his aging 5 shot rifle...
    Sounds like a book I would buy!

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I had one of those EIG 4 shot, double-action only, .22 rimfire derringer. many years ago. Traded it one day. I also have one of those OwlHeads shown earlier. I couldn't give it away at the last gun show, so it's back in the safe for now. I'm hoping for a 'gun buyback'. They sell for less than $100., so i'll try to get $200. for it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I will add to the mix, I am not a big fan of modified guns, Figure if the gun needed that feature someone at the factory would have done it... But could not resist this..

Some one took what looks to be a type 99 Japanese rifle fixed it up with an m-14 box magazine and like Bi-pod..

The work is pretty nice, The magazine locks in just like a Mini-14 or M14.. The magazine release works real clean..

The Bolt will even lock back on empty magazine.

Now the seller did not do the modifications but said that the gun was reconfigured to take 300 savage rounds.. I will take to a gun smith 1st to verify what the caliber is just to be safe..

315len8.jpg

2qs5h1y.jpg

22ykuu.jpg

nn5n2b.jpg

2z7nak7.jpg

mkx5ko.jpg

1to2lw.jpg

I have one of these, Type 99 Arisaka but mine is in the original configuration of 7.7mm with anti-aircraft sights.
    I am missing the mono-pod and dust cover, but I do have an intact mum.
    The overall condition I would say is 70%, and it looks like it's been through two wars. It's got history written all over it. I just wish I knew the history.

I obtained some newly manufactured 7.7mm from Mr. Nambu and took it out for a run.

That thing is a hoot to shoot, but it will flat beat you to death. It wears a basically straight stock with a thin steel butt-plate.

I wouldn't trade it for anything...well, whatcha got? :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    JUst A WONDERFUL gun.. Any clue to how to load the little beastie???

I haven't really messed with it since I brought it home. I haven't really been able to find all that much information but I like it. The day I bought it, I also picked up a Forehand & Wadsworth Swamp Angel .41 snub nose and a French Naval boarding pistol from 1837. Looks just like these (mines probably slightly better shape). The arsenal it was made in was M.re R.le de Chatellerault or something like that.

ekndys.jpg

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    God I love that thing... How Long is It????, What Is the Bore size???? And how big is the hole for the matchlock cord???

It almost looks like a joke... Can not imagine a guard in a prison walking around with this loaded with a burning cord on it...

Well this made my day Moocho thanks for sharing******,

It's 6 3/4 inches long and weighs 5.5 ounces. The bore is tough to measure because of it's age and irregularity, slightly larger than a .22 according to my gauge.

I love it. It has a special place right next to my 1851 Colt revolver :D

Terry A

Marksman
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    NWI
    I have owned 2 that are unique, a Liberator, single shot pistole .45 and a knife that shot a 22 shell, or blank, it had a loading port, and a trigger like piece came down and fired it, it was marked on the knife Chicago Small Arms Company. I needed money at different times and sold both, the guy that bought the knife put a .22 long rifle shell in it and blew it up. I shot a few shorts in it while I had it and it was fine.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Many thanks for that, I can not imagine what kind of hitting power you can have with that... But it would be neat to fire... And it would not be that hard to calculate a light blank charge to use...

Again very unusual...

It's 6 3/4 inches long and weighs 5.5 ounces. The bore is tough to measure because of it's age and irregularity, slightly larger than a .22 according to my gauge.

I love it. It has a special place right next to my 1851 Colt revolver :D

Top Bottom