• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you look at world earthquake stats, the whole world is having a tremendous increase of earthquakes all over the world for the last ten years. The chart looks like a missle launch. The fracking is probably an insignificant player in the whole equation. The Christian prophecies make statements about increasing earthquakes and natural disasters as the final days of the earth approach. I really think it is over the top to think that the quakes are caused by local geological mining causes.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    If you look at world earthquake stats, the whole world is having a tremendous increase of earthquakes all over the world for the last ten years. The chart looks like a missle launch. The fracking is probably an insignificant player in the whole equation. The Christian prophecies make statements about increasing earthquakes and natural disasters as the final days of the earth approach. I really think it is over the top to think that the quakes are caused by local geological mining causes.
    Yeah, I'm sure it is just talk when geologists say the cause is from the injection of waste fluids from fracking.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Some times there's more earthquakes over a given period of time, some times there's less.

Comes and goes, just like the seasons.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I find it odd that places that have historically few, if any, earthquakes are now experiencing earthquakes after frakking has been going on gangbusters in their areas. And then some folks chime in that frakking can't be causing it, 'cause the oil companies say it doesn't. Hmmmm....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Connecticut, essentially ground zero for the fracking craze, is not surprisingly being stricken by waves of earthquakes too.

Just my opinion, but shy of nuclear blasts I don't think humanity has the capacity to "cause" earthquakes.

ssshh.... that doesn't sit well with those who think humans are big strong powerful universe changers

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think it matters whether hydraulic fracturing definitely, 100% is causing earthquakes or definitely, 100% is not causing earthquakes. The issue is whether those earthquakes are actually causing damage. to area property over and above what a natural earthquake could do. If so, then there must be some civil action available to make those property owners whole. If that civil mechanism requires new law from the state legislatures, or even Congress, so be it, but I haven't even heard stories of >4.0 Richter quakes linked to fracking, and without sufficiently powerful quakes, I don't see any credible claims of property damage therefrom. And, without credible property damage, the specter of fracking-induced quakes is just another boogie man for eco-whackoes to tell their sleepy children about.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't think it matters whether hydraulic fracturing definitely, 100% is causing earthquakes or definitely, 100% is not causing earthquakes. The issue is whether those earthquakes are actually causing damage. to area property over and above what a natural earthquake could do. If so, then there must be some civil action available to make those property owners whole. If that civil mechanism requires new law from the state legislatures, or even Congress, so be it, but I haven't even heard stories of >4.0 Richter quakes linked to fracking, and without sufficiently powerful quakes, I don't see any credible claims of property damage therefrom. And, without credible property damage, the specter of fracking-induced quakes is just another boogie man for eco-whackoes to tell their sleepy children about.

+1

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I think we get over 4 here with blasting at the gravel pit. Sounds like a car hit the house when it happens, but I have no cumulative damage on an almost 30 year old structure. The neighbors across the street have had nails back out of the drywall, but at least the gang of vandals that built this place used screws.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Connecticut, essentially ground zero for the fracking craze, is not surprisingly being stricken by waves of earthquakes too.
    ssshh.... that doesn't sit well with those who think humans are big strong powerful universe changers
    This is an article from a year ago stating there is no gas/oil in Connecticut and therefore no fracking there.
    No fracking in Connecticut, but what about its waste? | The CT Mirror

Just my opinion, but shy of nuclear blasts I don't think humanity has the capacity to "cause" earthquakes.
    You have a right to your opinion. So do supermodels.
    The Science of Why We Don't Believe Science | Mother Jones
    http://www.montereyherald.com/opini...ood-for-planet-bad-for-climate-change-deniers

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Did drywall used to be put up with nails?

Yes, and it sucks to deal with.
    The morons in my last house used nails ON THE CEILING PANELS as well that would push in and out ever season.
    When one pops I would pull the nail and replace with screws.
    Where I am at currently.... they are tunneling under this whole area.
    You can feel the blasting and I have cracks in various places in the drywall from it.

Top Bottom