• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just read this! The anti's are already swarming the comments on Facebook, but they are severely outnumbered by pro gun comments.

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    This stuff is becoming more and more common. IN HER OWN DRIVEWAY!!!! A guy was murdered in Southport earlier this year in his own driveway. Another guy was beaten senseless in front of his own house yesterday. I have my gun on my when I'm cutting the grass, working in the garden, sitting in my garage, going out to get the paper. This behavior (carrying) is also becoming more and more common. The thugs need to learn that people are fed up with them. Good job by the future lawyer.

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not the comments under the story on wthr.com, but on the WTHR facebook page. Seems to be mostly pro-gun comments, but also some of the usual, pointless back and forth.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    This is what the 2A is for. Those youths picked her because she looked weak, an easy target, but guns are the great equalizer, so they suddenly realized she could take them all on and win!

And the ignorant antis say that you should be required to be a 250lb karate expert to be allowed to carry a gun (so that you could fight instead of shooting people like Trayvon)--kinda defeats the whole purpose of the great equalizer doesn't it???

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am curious about how the whole thing went down, though... So, one of them had a gun pointed at her when they demanded the keys and then she reached for her gun, causing them to take off running. It seems like they must have had the gun as more of a scare tactic than much real intent to use it (at least in that split second). Otherwise, wouldn't they have started firing the minute they identified what she was reaching for? Obviously it worked out well here, but going for the gun seems like a risky move, no?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am curious about how the whole thing went down, though... So, one of them had a gun pointed at her when they demanded the keys and then she reached for her gun, causing them to take off running. It seems like they must have had the gun as more of a scare tactic than much real intent to use it (at least in that split second). Otherwise, wouldn't they have started firing the minute they identified what she was reaching for? Obviously it worked out well here, but going for the gun seems like a risky move, no?

Was it a riskier move than standing there and getting shot? If you're not going to draw after someone points a gun at you then when will you draw? Why carry a gun at all?

Drawing is certainly not always the best option, but in this case her life was in direct jeopardy. What if they had gotten her car with the kids still inside? Risky or not she did the right thing it would seem.

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Was it a riskier move than standing there and getting shot? If you're not going to draw after someone points a gun at you then when will you draw? Why carry a gun at all?

Drawing is certainly not always the best option, but in this case her life was in direct jeopardy. What if they had gotten her car with the kids still inside? Risky or not she did the right thing it would seem.

Was drawing her weapon riskier than standing there and getting shot? Obviously not. Is there a third possibility which you have left out? Sure - handing over the keys and hoping the thief is only interested in stealing her possessions and not her life. I am not saying that was the better option here (especially considering the decision she ultimately made worked quite well in this scenario), I am just wondering at what point reaching for your gun is no longer the best course of action.

Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    I'm concerned that she mentions that she was returning from Law School. Most Universities ban guns on campus and she could be dismissed. Her statements indicate she was more than likely carrying on campus...Fingers crossed for the law student.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'm concerned that she mentions that she was returning from Law School. Most Universities ban guns on campus and she could be dismissed. Her statements indicate she was more than likely carrying on campus...Fingers crossed for the law student.
    But she only admitted to having it in her driveway. This story doesn't prove it was necessarily on her at the school.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Who says she doesn't park on a public road and leave the gun in the vehicle? I doubt the university would even consider looking into her and her firearms w/ what little was mentioned in the article.

Top Bottom