Mother of bullied child takes gun to bus stop.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    An ex-boss had neighbors that would call the police about him having "illegal deer" or something like that.
    Not only did he hunt, but he was on a list for the police to call when there was road kill. He'd cut the bad out, and make sausage with the rest (fresh obviously).
    Anyway, the police would show up, ask for the tag.
    He'd ask for their warrant.
    They'd leave, and come back with one.
    He'd show them the tag.
    They'd ask why he made them get the warrant, if he had tags.
    It's the principle.
    Then.. here's the fun part.. he moved his saw table out on the driveway, and chop Bambi up in front of EVERYONE.
    :rofl:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This bullying thing....horrible that kids have to deal with this these days.

Thank heavens that this is a recent development. Lord knows how thousands of previous generations would have survived if they had to deal with bullies.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

Thank heavens that this is a recent development. Lord knows how thousands of previous generations would have survived if they had to deal with bullies.
    Exactly. Everyone acts like it’s a new thing. The only thing new is parents raising children who can’t handle it. I was bullied plenty in school. But I didn’t go whining to anyone about it. I brushed it off and moved on. My older brother got bullied and eventually kicked their ass...it didn’t stop the bullying for him at all though.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I was too small to do **** about bullies, but I had bigger friends that cut down on it. They couldn't always be around so i still got pushed around a lot. My parents didn't teach me any special coping skills and yet I am still around. Why is everyone so soft?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

The difficulty is that today if you break the miscreant's fingers, knee, or jaw you get sued or punished for defending yourself.

Kids today should just report the bully to the education authority and let it pursue them for the rest of their days.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was too small to do **** about bullies, but I had bigger friends that cut down on it. They couldn't always be around so i still got pushed around a lot. My parents didn't teach me any special coping skills and yet I am still around. Why is everyone so soft?
    Some differences "today:
    - Schools have taken a hard-line pro-bully approach. Everyone involved is punished. The bully, the victims, and any bystanders.
    - If they are punished at all. It is only bullying if witnessed and recorded by an adult.
    - The biggest bully is the school itself, enforcing codes-of-conduct outside of school hours and off school property, but very, very selectively.
    - Schools also withhold info from parents, such that only the school can resolve the issue. Good luck finding out who molests you own child.

"Back in the day" parents would step in if the children were young, and teens would settle it among themselves. Now-adays, getting tagged in a social media post gets you suspended. Committing a felony on school grounds gets you detention (at worst). It is either Bizzaro world, or 1984. Hard to tell.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So ignoring a-holes was never an option? Telling parents? Puh-leeze.

Life sucks sometimes. Life goes on. Making it the biggest deal in the world seems like the wrong move.

Worked for me.

I, like pretty much every kid, was made fun of, called names, punched a few times. When it got physical, a gave it back, but for the sake of all that is good and holy, treating name called and meanness like a national tragedy is more of a problem than whatever the kids are doing.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I was reading a book today that theorized that the weakening of so many men is due to the school system being largely run by women since around WWI and the fact that most men work outside of the home since the late 1940s. Those two circumstances have made women the most common influence in kid’s lives and the kids get the constant message about how women think that men should act instead of learning to be a man by working along side his father.

Kinda makes sense. There sure are a lot of weak assed people around.

Top Bottom