• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    As far as motivation to carry, I guess I don't need it. It's just part of getting dressed. Since I don't mess with it during the normal course of my day, it doesn't matter if it's there or not. Know what I mean? I suppose if I was one of those people who had issues with my method of carry and had to mess with it all the time, I might become weary of it.
    I found a method that works for me...so I gear up and carry throughout the day without giving it much thought until I unholster at the end of the day.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    i actually was running so late this morning i forgot to grab my gun. now i feel like a real dumbass lol. i guess working in a gov buiding gives me peice of mind cuz it has to stay in the car anyway.

thanks for the insite everyone.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Or read this link that was his post in that thread: NRA Sharp

The carry pic in that article looks backwards weird to me, if that's his side.

Edit; On second look, I guess it could be small-of-back?? I dunno...it just looks weird.

I think his arm in the pic is throwing me off as to where it *looks* like he's carrying. Because it looks like a strong-side carry with a backward fliparoo. :):

50fifty-720x452_gun.jpg

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The carry pic in that article looks backwards weird to me, if that's his side.

Edit; On second look, I guess it could be small-of-back?? I dunno...it just looks weird.

I think his arm in the pic is throwing me off as to where it *looks* like he's carrying. Because it looks like a strong-side carry with a backward fliparoo. :):

50fifty-720x452_gun.jpg

It looks to me like it's on the right hip. Maybe he has REALLY long arms and it's cross draw.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    Make it muscle memory!! You wouldn't leave the house and think " I don't feel like messing with my wallet"
    It will be a lot easier to "mess" with grabbing your gun than mess with looking for somewhere to run and hide
    when the terrible situation arises. We only get one life protect it.

Importance to which I don't leave the house without being armed......more than a few times I've got in the truck, gun and spare mag in their proper place, only to realize my wallet and occasionally cell phone were still in the house. Always face-palm moments, but I'm OK with that.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I never leave with out it...

Since belt, holster etc is a hassle, have you considered a well made paddle holster or a snap on like the Galco one?

I like a paddle...I slip the whole thing on....going into work, pull it off....just fits my lifestyle rather well

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

That's small of back, you can see the top of the left pocket directly beneath the left most belt loop.
    Whatever the black case is, is on the left hip.
    He missed a belt loop in the center.
    Looks like a hip as he has no appreciable ass.
    His hand is the better indicator, if that were his right hip he would be holding his hand with the back facing directly forward instead of facing out to the right.
    Weird angle for sure.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    To the OP.... I more often forget it is ON.

It has simply become part of my morning routine. When the belt goes on, the holster goes on. Not a big deal. My MOTIVATION is my family, and the reason I do most things (well, the good ones. The bad ones are on me).

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That's small of back, you can see the top of the left pocket directly beneath the left most belt loop.
    Whatever the black case is, is on the left hip.
    He missed a belt loop in the center.

Ah, I see that now.

he has no appreciable ass.
    Sadly, seems so. I do appreciate a decent ass.
    Wait...
    you said "appreciable", not "appreciatable"... OK, never mind.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Putting my gun "on" is part of my daily dressing routine. As long as I have enough motivation to get dressed I'll put on my trusty sidearm.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm always armed, but as of late, its been my LCP. I need to get back to carrying my glocks. As a Probation Officer, you think that would be enough motivation. :)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I'm enough of a realist that, when i look in the mirror in the morning, I don't see the strong, quick 20 yr. old I used to be :( (so looong ago), but the grandfather who needs something, other than his body, to protect his wife and extended family.
    It's an epiphany I came to some years back, and It's a fairly good incentive for putting on the pistol before leaving the house.

Top Bottom