• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I don't see why folks ride motorcycles in cities or even suburban areas. I understand the gas savings and all, but there are too many idiots driving to make it worth the risk. Having visited the Blue Ridge Parkway last fall, I can see how great it would be to do a leisure ride on such a road. There were a handful of biker groups in the area, including one larger group of both male and female riders speaking French from Quebec. I even think the Can-Am three wheelers would be cool for those not comfortable on two wheels. However, outside scenic, two lane, or sparely traveled roads, I couldn't deal with the danger.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I am absolutely sick of hearing "Watch Out For Motorcycles, blah blah blah!" I used to ride, sold it when I had my kid. I did some stupid crap on it (wheelies, etc), and knew that the Jap Bike would be my death if I kept it. But I also knew the size of my bike was less than that of a car, thus I should be more careful, as I am more at risk.

Kinda like the Animal Kingdom, the smaller are more careful, as the bigger are a threat...

Never would touch a beer if I was on the bike though..

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I thoroughly hate seeing safety campaigns for 'motorcycle awareness' or advocating safety precautions on the part of those driving automobiles or trucks concerning motorcycles. It isn't that I consider paying attention a bad thing so much as that it reliably generates a number of motorcyclists engaging in maniacal behavior apparently thinking that the rest of the world is responsible for getting out of their way. I am sure this mindset affects only a limited subset of motorcyclists, but it is still enough to make life unpleasant for a few weeks.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I used to commute to and from work on a bike. I had a spill (hit an oil slick). They are fun, but dangerous. Other drivers have a hard time seeing them, even when they are being good and responsible drivers. I simply don't understand those who ride them like maniacs and what's with the excessive noise from some of them? Are they just attention whores or what?

Mak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Seymour
    You have to be 100% aware when riding. I've had too many cars pull out in front of me and too many people on cell phones cut me off on the interstate to ever think about riding when I'm not 100%... no alcohol, lack of sleep, pissed off, or similar distractions

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    There are no fender benders on bikes. I understand why people want to ride them as I'm sure it's a blast. For me the other drivers on the road are reasons enough I will never ride one on the street.

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    I ride and love it. Its an absolute blast but very dangerous. I do however think the idiots doing wheelies, stopies, excessive speeding, etc deserve what they get be it a wreck ticket whatever. I have a real problem when they pass me going soo fast that i hear them and crap myself when they sonic boom past me before i see them when im in my semi.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was cruising southbound on 65 last summer at about 75mph. A split second after I heard the telltale "pissed off weedwacker" sound I saw a guy on a crotch rocket fly past me like I was standing still....on one wheel. To this day I'm still shocked that I didn't see him (or parts of him) smashed up later on down the road. I'm all for paying attention and being aware of motorcycles, but the people who ride them need to be responsible too.

Top Bottom