• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The orange squat looking box in the background with all the shooting related stickers is my millwright tool box. The gray tall box draped with a bike cover is my gang box. Notice they are in my garage and not work. Apparently I am not good enough to work in Marion even tho I was a millwright for 31 years in Kokomo. I thank the Lord for the skill he instilled in my brain that makes my hands do much work.
    We need to do a sticky of our toolboxes.
    You worked for GM as a union employee in Kokomo?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The orange squat looking box in the background with all the shooting related stickers is my millwright tool box. The gray tall box draped with a bike cover is my gang box. Notice they are in my garage and not work. Apparently I am not good enough to work in Marion even tho I was a millwright for 31 years in Kokomo. I thank the Lord for the skill he instilled in my brain that makes my hands do much work.
    We need to do a sticky of our toolboxes.
    I thought you worked in rooftop security???? :lmfao:
    When I retired I was allowed to take all my company supplied tools and 2 nice Kennedy boxes home. No stickers on em though. My beer fridge gets those.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    You worked for GM as a union employee in Kokomo?
    Worked / loafed all the same to me. I was #1 seniority millwright before I transferred to Marion before my time for time expired. I wanted to retire from Kokomo but the whole Delphi / PBGC thing and the fact GM corporate said I only had 26.5 years seniority. Say what? Yes, if not at a core GM plant by 2016 the seniority you accrued was frozen in time and space only to be found in the Twilight Zone.

Rooftop security = target rich environment?

Forgot to add what I had downloaded with my cruise control...Track Pack! My midlife crisis is in full effect. Gotta buy me some titanium knee scrapers to shower the curves with finese and fireworks. I have to ride down to Westfield Powersports for my ergo lower seat. I need a good muffler system. I already have a decat device out of 416 S.S.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    All I can do is speculate but, if this is really the Indian Factory Demo trailer, yes. The Indian Demo trailer was at Barber Vintage Fest last October. They told us about a 10 mile loop with signs, had us fill out the forms and then sent us on our way. It was great! No lead, no sweep, no factory pacing. They told us we couldn't change the ride modes then promptly showed us how to do it. ;-)

BMW - on the other hand - had 16 of us on R18s leave the site in one big parade of bikes with a lead and a sweep rider. It was painfully boring.

I will say this: HD did a better job with bringing out a competitive Adv bike in the Pan America than BMW did creating a cruiser/tourer in the R18. I wouldn't have traded my Road King for the R18, even though it was beautiful. The FTR I barely looked at before the demo. I've gotta say, it is the more fun that I've ever had on a bike. The grin is just non-stop. A bit like the XSR-900 / FJ09 but so much better with the torque increase.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    All I can do is speculate but, if this is really the Indian Factory Demo trailer, yes. The Indian Demo trailer was at Barber Vintage Fest last October. They told us about a 10 mile loop with signs, had us fill out the forms and then sent us on our way. It was great! No lead, no sweep, no factory pacing. They told us we couldn't change the ride modes then promptly showed us how to do it. ;-)

BMW - on the other hand - had 16 of us on R18s leave the site in one big parade of bikes with a lead and a sweep rider. It was painfully boring.

I will say this: HD did a better job with bringing out a competitive Adv bike in the Pan America than BMW did creating a cruiser/tourer in the R18. I wouldn't have traded my Road King for the R18, even though it was beautiful. The FTR I barely looked at before the demo. I've gotta say, it is the more fun that I've ever had on a bike. The grin is just non-stop. A bit like the XSR-900 / FJ09 but so much better with the torque increase.
    I've been on some of those demo rides and some have absolutely sucked a$$ not in a good way. I can't believe how much of control freaks because of liability. Multimillion dollar company bitching about me riding wheelies on their turd of a bike.
    I think Ducati has the ultimate ADV bike. My opinion only. No proof to back up my claim just what I got to ride.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Most of the modern bikes don't allow much room to move forward or back. My old 79 GS750 had a flat long seat that I could move quite a bit on. It made long hauls a lot better.
    When I had one (an 'EX'), I always thought the increased range of movement offered by that seat was for cruising on the rearsets and/or hanging off in corners :cool:

Top Bottom