• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've not considered taking a fall from my bike onto a gun. I usually carry the same at all times, riding or walking . I would rather not arrive at my location and have to holster a gun from my saddle bag or trunk. In some places, that could be seen as a threat.

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    Drawing while riding good in movies. Roll on the Throttle. I carry inside my riding jacket. It's more likely I'll have to dump my bike vs. drawing on someone while riding, so I place my gun in a location that will cause the least amount of damage to me if I have to take a fall.

In your opinion , which do you prefer , Jacket or Vest. I know the weather conditions will dictate the clothing too. Do you also carry in vest and what vest ( who made the beat you have )

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    This is the jacket I wear. It's mesh so in the summer it breaths, at speed even on very hot days it is comfortable. It also comes with two winter inserts. I ridden in 40 degree weather with the inserts.

sonora-hivis.jpg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I can't imagine shooting and accellerating...but if I needed to maintain speed I have a throttle lock that's pretty easy to use. Also, even though I'm right handed I handle the steering best with my left arm/hand if handling one-handed. So, I carry inside the left breast pocket of my jacket, or strong side OWB.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is the jacket I wear. It's mesh so in the summer it breaths, at speed even on very hot days it is comfortable. It also comes with two winter inserts. I ridden in 40 degree weather with the inserts.

sonora-hivis.jpg

Yes, great jacket.
    I have one, and as long as you're moving it breaths pretty good in hot weather, and the inserts allow riding when it's not warm out.

Plus it offers visibility and protection for those of us who enjoy riding, but aren't out to win the motorcyclist Darwin Award! :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I need a jacket like that and a helmet to carry around when I wear it. The chicks will think I have a bada** motorbike and thus adore me.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I need a jacket like that and a helmet to carry around when I wear it. The chicks will think I have a bada** motorbike and thus adore me.

HAHAHAHA - if that worked I'd have bought one a long time ago. I also wear a straight leather jacket with a lot of road wear on it and my helmet is a camo dirt bike helmet - probably not the chick magnet.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    I usually take all the crap out of my pockets and take my gun off (still holstered) and put it all in the Tank bag. When I get where I'm going I hit up a restroom and recombobulate myself. Tank bag turns into backpack, riding gear goes in the bag, EDC equipment gets reinstalled. Process gets reversed when its time to leave. Extra attention is paid that nothing is left behind.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I shoot left handed so i wear a shoulder holster for my 3913. I have practiced drawing while on bike in my garage to get some muscle memory down in case the need arises and I can't maneuver out of the way.

ThatsLife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am relatively new (less than a year) to EDC. I am, however, not new to riding a motorcycle. I have given this subject a lot of thought lately. I ride in ATTGAT, All The Gear All The Time, which includes a full face helmet, motorcycle jacket, Motorcycle pants, boots and gloves. I ride this way because I want to be prepared for the inevitable get off that will happen at some point. I want to prepare myself for the worst and give myself the best opportunity to make it back home to my family safely. Sound familiar? This is a primary reason that I started carrying a firearm.

With that said, I can not imagine coming off of the bike at speed flopping, rolling, and skidding to a stop with a steel gun on my hip or chest. Call it calculated risk I guess. The odds of meeting a teenager texting and not paying attention on the road is more of a possibility than a baddie attacking me while on the bike. I always carry with me on the bike but it is in the saddle bag in a Remora holster that goes on my person when I make stops. I do like the idea of keeping it in a tank bag though. It would make the gun more accessible to me. I do not have one but I will be looking in to getting one.

Be safe in which ever way you decide to carry on the bike. Watch out for the idiots!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'm a leftie, which is 'something' of an 'advantage' when riding a motorcycle. I tend to use a shoulder rig.

I certainly agree that leaving and / or evading is the first and most viable option. But, I suppose there COULD be a conceivable scenario, however unlikely, where having to draw while in motion was necessitated. We DO have our 'share' of lunatics and scumbags in this country.

IF that were ever the case, do what ya gotta do, but get stopped and to cover immediately (as 'immediate' as possible, safely).

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thread jack alert:
    I didn't get a lot of response to my thread in the break room, but I'll bump it up so you guys can check it out.
    we have in the past, and want to again have a "ride and shoot" event later this year and want to let everyone that might be interested know about it.
    so check the break room and let me know what you guys think.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom