• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Any Mountain Bikers in here? JUst curious. I'm pretty new to it. I have been road biking for about a year but purchased a Felt Niner last month.
    Anybody got any other places to ride besides the main parks?

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Yes big mtber here. Hmba is the best place to find places to ride. If it isn't there, chances are it isn't legal and should be avoided.
    The best places to ride are brown county state park, Versailles, forrt Ben and potato creek. I love brown county! I am hoping to get on a 29er come tax time. Hopefully my return is enough to cover most of it.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Mountain biking......
    mountainmanbg.gif

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Yes big mtber here. Hmba is the best place to find places to ride. If it isn't there, chances are it isn't legal and should be avoided.
    The best places to ride are brown county state park, Versailles, forrt Ben and potato creek. I love brown county! I am hoping to get on a 29er come tax time. Hopefully my return is enough to cover most of it.
    :+1: for Hoosier Mountain Bike Association

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bought a cheap bike... Went once and realized I really shouldn't have gone cheap....

I enjoyed it and even laughed when I bit the dirt a couple times but it kicked my ass and now I hate the bike I have.. :/

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just ride!

You can go over to the Major Taylor velodrome that Marian U. is now completely running the entire Lake Sullivan Complex. My whole family used to be involved in the local BMX racing world. they have regular Mountain bike races over there. Go to FB and find Ryan Birk he Works for Answer and is involved with all that, used to buy my wheels from him when he worked for Sun Ringle out of Warsaw IN. I myself ride a Trek 4300 disc on the Fall creek trails, I've heard the canal tow path is popular, also the 96th street trails are popular.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    You can go over to the Major Taylor velodrome that Marian U. is now completely running the entire Lake Sullivan Complex. My whole family used to be involved in the local BMX racing world. they have regular Mountain bike races over there. Go to FB and find Ryan Birk he Works for Answer and is involved with all that, used to buy my wheels from him when he worked for Sun Ringle out of Warsaw IN. I myself ride a Trek 4300 disc on the Fall creek trails, I've heard the canal tow path is popular, also the 96th street trails are popular.

Very nice I will check out Marian sometime! I have been riding 96th and fort Ben for awhile. I was try the 24 hours of Dino this year too. How Long is the Lake Sulivan Complex?

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine

I love my 29er. I have a Felt nine 70. Good mid to low range bike for what I'm doing.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have not been on the MNTN Bike course at Lake Sullivan. Due to my college schedule but spent more that 7 years on the old BMX track next to the Velodrome. Going to check it out just as soon as I get through with my accelerated degree. I've just piddled around on the fall creek trail and the monon along with some Spin Classes.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I once found a way to find local bike trails on google maps, but my feeble computer skills have eluded me in getting back there. Do any of you guys know how?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'm a roadie. Would love a mtb, just don't have one yet. I'm looking for a decent used 15" mountain bike (hardtail). Been looking off and on for a while.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    I will be hitting up Southwestway park Friday afternoon for some riding. It should be a nice day! Almost 60 degrees! HOpefully it will not be too muddy. Also thinking of Fort Ben on Saturday or Sunday. Got to take advantage of the nice weather!

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    As someone who has worked on the trails out there, I finally understand how much work it is to fix them after the mud. If it is muddy and you are leaving tracks, please exit and ride the roads that day.

I am also hopeful for a ride this weekend, but provably won't have time. Hoping to get to the range and originally planned to go skiing...not sure how that's gonna work in 60 degree weather yet...

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm a roadie. Would love a mtb, just don't have one yet. I'm looking for a decent used 15" mountain bike (hardtail). Been looking off and on for a while.

If you live in the Indy area check Craigs list I bought my Trek 4300 disc from a gentleman in the Irvington area he has a garage full of them and sells them all the time you should find a nice used one at a reasonable price. Unless some one here on INGO beats him to it!

Top Bottom