• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Do a search for Tri-Rail mount on Ebay. It mounts to the mag tube. It is what I used on my 500. I am not sure what the exact differences are between the 88 and the 500. I think it will work. It allows me to mount a light and a laser and have a rail left over.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here is an example of lights mounted on a Maverick:

shaw_simpson_72_grabber.jpg

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    The Nebo mount earlier mentioned can be had for pretty cheap. The tri-rail mount I think is made by Laserlyte? Anyways, both of those are good options.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The only effective way I have found to run a light on a pump shotgun is an integrated forend like what Surefire makes. Problem with that is it's going to cost you more than the shotgun itself. The negative with stationary mounts are they don't allow you access to the switch for momentary use, which is what you want when using a weapon light. I'm sure you could mount something to the forend, but I don't think you will have full control of when the light operates if your actually manipulating the shotgun under stress. If you are creeping through your house with an unwanted guest, the last thing you want is a light giving away your exact postion. Plus many homes have mirrors and other reflective surfaces, and it's easy to blind yourself with a flash light that's constantly on.

Stationary mounts work well on semi autos because you are not working the forearm back and forth. On my 11-87 Police, I mounted a Mesa mount at the end of the forearm between the magazine tube and barrel. I then took an extra Surefire Scout and mounted it in a Haley Thorntail mount backwards, and then mounted the entire thing backwards on the firearm. Looks a bit goofy, but is rock solid and puts the tail cap at 11 o'clock which is exactly where I place my thumb.

My suggestion would be to buy a couple packs of those cheap LED night lights that turn on automatically, and place them throughout your house. Your vision will adapt to your lighting conditions, and rather then buying a crappy light / mount, put a tritium bead on the end of your barrel so you can tell where your pointing it. Many will thread in to your existing threads, or some epoxy on over your existing bead like the XS Big Dot (my personal favorite).

Top Bottom