• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Yeah there is a mouse stuck in my living room wall.
    Would shooting the wall with 12 ga. birdshot be a bad idea and does anyone know of a good drywall repair company?

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    LOL.
    Blob of peanut butter on a mousetrap in your attic. By morning, problem solved.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Those lil SOB's can sneak threw a 1/8 inch crack. He is just messing with you. If you do go the shotgun route don't for get to use ear plugs. ;)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    148.jpg

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I put 3 more traps up in the attic brining the total to 9. There are also 3 bait boxes outside. Generally I keep 6 traps set and get 1-2 mice a year in the attic. With fields on 3 sides I was good with it, but never had one in the wall.

The mouse was still in the wall as of this afternoon, but has since gone quiet. So he either left peacefully (my 4 year old was playing his guitar and singing “Mouse, Mouse get out of ours house”) or burnt up all his energy and is going to die and leave a pungent odor.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I put 3 more traps up in the attic brining the total to 9. There are also 3 bait boxes outside. Generally I keep 6 traps set and get 1-2 mice a year in the attic. With fields on 3 sides I was good with it, but never had one in the wall.

The mouse was still in the wall as of this afternoon, but has since gone quiet. So he either left peacefully (my 4 year old was playing his guitar and singing “Mouse, Mouse get out of ours house”) or burnt up all his energy and is going to die and leave a pungent odor.

They do not stink for very long.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Check the poison you purchase, some make the decomposition less to no smell. 5 gallon bucket, 1/3 full of water (little antifreeze for all winter use) ramp and rolling bottle with peanut butter. Cheaper, easier and most effective in my shop at home.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just talk real loud about the sweet new Springfield 1911 you saw at the gun shop the other day...he will eventually get curious enough to leave and go check it out.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Are you sure it's a mouse and not a piney squirrel? Just throwing that out there...they make a lot of noise too. :):

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I can confirm that the mouse is dead. Slight odor and the dog has been sniffing at the wall. Looks like I will have a mouse skeleton in the wall. Now to seal up the house a little more! Weird thing is that it was the middle of the house about 8’ in from an exterior wall.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Couple of quick stories. I had a guy ask me last week if I could repair 2 or 3 shingles for him that had bullet holes in them. I asked why there was bullet holes in ceiling and he informed me his wheelchair tipped over and he couldn't get up so he took his 9mm and was using it to try alerting someone to help. Come to find out he put 13 rounds thru his walls and ceilings over an 8 hour period to get help. I asked him if it worked and he said no...he ran out of bullets and someone found him the next day. Poor guy, I couldn't help but snicker and told him he needed a louder gun.

Another house I remodeled and the homeowner told me he had an interior wall he had always heard animals in it, mice or chipmunks. When I tore out the old paneling and drywall, I found 10-15 mice skeletons. Come to find out, the top plate on this wall was missing about a 6" section of 2x4 and mice would drop into it but then were trapped in the wall until they died.

Top Bottom