• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm pretty sure a person could make a KILLING if they opened one of those up here in Indy.... right now I only get burgers from 5 guys or make em at home.... I'd be glad to have another source.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I prefer Ruby's (Ruby's Diner - rubys.com) better than IN-N-Out. Still miss both of them but no way I'm ever going back to CA.

Sure do miss the Ruby's at the pier in Carlsbad, CA. :(
    -1 for you AP for making me remember about that place and longing to have those burgers and shakes. :)

Nothing around here compares! Oh n we go have a 5 guys but that can NOT compare to those 2.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Ahhhh In and Out...one right next to my office. I'll have the double double, light spread, fries well done, and soda. Thanks!!!

Just look for the palm trees crossing in the shape of an X!

Maybe i'll have that for lunch today!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    double double animal style indeed, hooky!
    with animal style fries as well!

The original Heart Attack!

As for you AZ Hunter... I think I speak for the rest of us when I wish you a case of explosive diarrhea for being a wise guy! :D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Years and years ago, I was somewhere in rural Kentucky, and really drunk, and we stopped at a general store, don't remember the name. I got a double cheeseburger, and it was the absolute best burger I have ever had from anywhere. I think that was the same night I burned my finger severely trying to light a cig with the car lighter. This is a totally useless post, considering the OP, but, I have been on a quest for a burger that compares to that mythical burger of unknown origin ever since. I think we may be driving out west early next year, so I'm taking notes.:yesway:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Here's what you'll want L-T

Burger = Double Double Animal Style

Fries = Animal Style

7cf9b_3833007386_92d0250caa.jpg

In-N-Out Secret Menu - Davis Wiki

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    <sniff>

That's EXACTLY what I ordered, hooky....

And that wiki you referenced is from my alma mater - UC Davis....

Now I've really got the Jones for In N Out burger....

LT - the above, on a warm summer night hanging out with friends with the 2112 cd in the stereo.... doesn't get any better.

Extra bad case of diarrhea for you, AZ Hunter... this is your fault.... :D

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    First, for any of you heading west, you may want to check out the online menu first. You will be a little disappointed when you walk in or pull through the drive as their menu is very simple and to the point. Single, Double, Triple, fries, soda, shakes. Of course, as pictured above, there are several variations of the simple menu which can be found here... IN-N-OUT Burger ...

Second, I for one enjoy a good "animal style" burger, but getting the fries animal style is a no go for me. I hate that they just put a cheese slice on the fries and melt it. I, being picky, would prefer some shredded cheese or nacho cheese (if they even used that out west).

Edit: On days im feeling healthy, I will order it protein style. They leave the buns in the kitchen and just wrap the whole sandwhich in fresh lettuce.

Third, the shakes are good...don't know if they compare to a Steak n Shake or something similar, but they are good.

So, to sum it up, double double, add pickles, light spread, fries well (this is a must as the fries are normally on the undercooked but not really undercooked side, so I like to order them "done") :)

P.S. All the toppings are cut fresh daily, tomatos lettuce ect., also, the fries are fresh as well ( the potatoes are peeled in the morning and then put in the slicer as needed throughout the day) and the beef is shipped fresh daily never frozen. Wonderful combo....I know they pay really well for fast food. Starting pay is over $10 an hour.

This brings me to one rant.....why in the hell do pizza places out west not have nacho cheese for their breadsticks. Drive to AZ, stop at a local Pizza Hut and ask for a side of cheese for your bread sticks. The face the employees make is pretty funny!

Ahhh.....im full. :)

Top Bottom