• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcarter007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    westside
    finally rented it from redbox last nite....now thats one movie i wish id seen at the theater....:ar15:price of movies these days rb is my cheap ticket, but definately recommend to see....was amazed all star roles are active duty seals..too cool

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The story and acting was ok. But it was pretty obvious that a lot of the movie was actual live fire. That made up for any shortcomings.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    I've heard good things about it but haven't watched yet. Seeing this post reminded me and I'll probably take a look tonight, pretty sure its on NetFlix now and if not i'll RedBox it.

I've heard the live fire makes up for the sub-par acting (they're soldiers, not actors anyways... thats fine with me).

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    The story and acting was ok. But it was pretty obvious that a lot of the movie was actual live fire. That made up for any shortcomings.

Yeah.... those daggum real life Navy Seals just don't do justice to the role of a Navy Seal as portrayed by such masters as Vin Diesel, Ice Cube and Colin Farrel huh.....

/purple....

Sorry Joe, just bustin your chops but seriously I would pay theater prices to see every movie that used REAL LIFE soldiers, firemen, police etc... instead of some Hollywood anti gunner portraying a badass *COUGH* Matt Damon *COUGH*.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The boats rollin up and savin their bacon was priceless. That's some serious firepower.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yea, I thought the acting was REAL. Real actors embellish everything so that it looks better on screen, but in real life people are more humble and concerned for their brethren. I thought it was insiteful (is that a real word? I seem to be making up a lot of words lately ; ). Real tactics, real teamwork, and a realistic depictation (see, did it again, real word?) of the punishment and whoopass our forces can unleash on our enemies.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Yea, I thought the acting was REAL. Real actors embellish everything so that it looks better on screen, but in real life people are more humble and concerned for their brethren. I thought it was insiteful (is that a real word? I seem to be making up a lot of words lately ; ). Real tactics, real teamwork, and a realistic depictation (see, did it again, real word?) of the punishment and whoopass our forces can unleash on our enemies.

The parts that didn't ring true were those that were not action scenes. It is actually a tough thing to get people to act like they aren't acting. I spent a decent amount of time doing Videography for various independent films (hence the steadicam in my avatar). Most people don't realize how monotonous and repetitive that film making actually is.

My biggest issue with the film was just the crude story telling. Much of the emotional acting was forced due to not great writing. This is mostly due to the Directors being stunt guys and the writer being from 300. :)

That said, I enjoyed watching it more than 90% of the crap released these days. I loved that the action scenes were not Michael Bay level of unbelievable. The main characters seemed as relaxed with the actions scenes as I can remember in a movie. Probably some reason for that. ;)

Sorry Joe, just bustin your chops but seriously I would pay theater prices to see every movie that used REAL LIFE soldiers, firemen, police etc... instead of some Hollywood anti gunner portraying a badass *COUGH* Matt Damon *COUGH*.

Support that 100%.

bcarter007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    westside
    The parts that didn't ring true were those that were not action scenes. It is actually a tough thing to get people to act like they aren't acting. I spent a decent amount of time doing Videography for various independent films (hence the steadicam in my avatar). Most people don't realize how monotonous and repetitive that film making actually is.

My biggest issue with the film was just the crude story telling. Much of the emotional acting was forced due to not great writing. This is mostly due to the Directors being stunt guys and the writer being from 300. :)

That said, I enjoyed watching it more than 90% of the crap released these days. I loved that the action scenes were not Michael Bay level of unbelievable. The main characters seemed as relaxed with the actions scenes as I can remember in a movie. Probably some reason for that. ;)

Support that 100%.
    yes the acting was abit cheesy but i actually liked it even more knowing these werent actors but real life operators!!! yes i was abit curious as to how Mouse McCoy got involved heavily being hes a bada*# mc rider but didnt know he had any seal team action lol....BTW "Dust To Glory" was pretty sweet film also....especially not going to Baja myself to watch but my brother ran the Baja 1000 and 500 on team yamaha and kawasaki quad team

iCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Porter
    It was like a 90 minute advertisement for the Navy. It was a pretty good advertisement, though.

I'll buy it on DVD when the price drops.

My fiance bought it for me. They have 2 versions out, one is 20 bucks and the other is 30 bucks. She got me the cheaper one, which unfortunately doesn't have any special features/interviews...etc. I guess the more expensive one has all that stuff on it.

Still very nice of her to get this for me

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Amazing movie. Took the ole lady to see it in theaters. She ended up crying at the end. Everyone who hasnt seen it should!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I saw it tonight. I'm glad someone made a movie that made the seals look real and not Hollywood. It made a greater impact on me than the flamboyant acting you usually see in movies.

Top Bottom