• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    So the girlfriend is making me sit here and watch "Did you hear about the Morgans?", and while its an awful movie (why I'm on INGO), I happened to look up and notice a real bad gun related mess up.

For anyone that has seen the movie, its kind of at the beginning when they are in the BarginBuy. Its when Mary Steenburgen is at the gun counter, the first look at her she has a pump shotgun, and when they back to her she has a bolt action rifle the second time. Both with the same sound while cycling.

Just found it amusing that the first time I looked up at the movie I saw this. My girlfriend gave me a kind of "really? you gun nut" look when I told her to rewind it so I could watch it again.

While I know a lot of movies aren't "gun accurate", I thought this was a really big oversight.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was kind enough to sit thru the same movie, and it has to be the WORST movie I've ever seen. You know it's bad when your wife says, "You want to walk out?"

I did not catch the gun mess up though...I might have been asleep! :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you like that one, you are going to have to catch Lake Placid 2 sometime! There's a scene where the sheriff's weapons change (drastically) several times.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I was watching 16 blocks, with Bruce Willis. He shoots a perp trying to break into his car. They show several scenes close up of Bruce with his glock. The first shot is a FTE and takes the glock out of battery. They focused on that failure for so long that I though it was a legit part of the movie, I kept wanting to scream "clear it dumbass" but no the next scene his glock is all fine and dandy no more stovepipe without him ever clearing it.

UIndyKenneth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Kokomo, IN
    I've noticed a lot of movies that are action packed and fast paced have gun slip ups. I seem to always find the ones where the guys shoot a whole clip out of a semi-auto handgun (without the slide locking back), drop the mag, put in a new mag, and start firing without even putting one into the chamber. And in some movies they actually rack the slide and put one in the chamber then 20 min. later, the same guy doesn't need to rack the slide after reloading to shoot. It's kind of ridiculous.

kabrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    On the last episode of 24, an agent pulled the trigger on an empty gun and the slide went back.

larrylegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Hancock County
    So the girlfriend is making me sit here and watch "Did you hear about the Morgans?", and while its an awful movie (why I'm on INGO), I happened to look up and notice a real bad gun related mess up.

For anyone that has seen the movie, its kind of at the beginning when they are in the BarginBuy. Its when Mary Steenburgen is at the gun counter, the first look at her she has a pump shotgun, and when they back to her she has a bolt action rifle the second time. Both with the same sound while cycling.

Just found it amusing that the first time I looked up at the movie I saw this. My girlfriend gave me a kind of "really? you gun nut" look when I told her to rewind it so I could watch it again.

While I know a lot of movies aren't "gun accurate", I thought this was a really big oversight.

I noticed that and also later in the movie when they are out shooting, SJP character shoot the rifle without placing the stock against her shoulder. I am not sure if they intended to do that to show her lack of firearm knowledge or not. Either way she somehow hit the can shooting like that.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    But I have to admit, some movies are good with weapons. I saw one years ago with Claude VanDam,(can't remember which movie) when he had a twin, and when he picked up a Beretta during a fight, he automatically racked the slide, which ejected an unspent round. That was lifelike and automatic. Nothing like the Terminator that had a running gunfight with 12+ rounds expended from a 12 ga with no reloading!
    BTW, I hate hearing the hammer being cocked on weapons with no hammer!!!:D

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I was watching that new show Human Target the other night, and some guy pulled a beretta 92fs on the main character, who carried a p99, and the beretta kept magically turning into a P99 depending on which angles the camera was on. My fav. Gun mess up was in 16 blocks when bruce willis's glock jams ( must have been movie magic for that to happen lol ) yet they still do a slow motion circle around bruce willis and his gun and in the next angle his glock is not jammed.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I noticed that and also later in the movie when they are out shooting, SJP character shoot the rifle without placing the stock against her shoulder. I am not sure if they intended to do that to show her lack of firearm knowledge or not. Either way she somehow hit the can shooting like that.

I think that was intentional, but not sure. I did notice that as well though...

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    the one thing i always hate about just about any action movie is the drastic misrepresentation of recoil... you see people blasting away on full auto with no muzzle rise and pinpoint accuracy. secondly, im constantly annoyed by the excess amounts of metallic clink sounds associated with someone cocking the hammer or turning the safety off.

however, i must say... biggest movie gun pet peeve ever... characters who magically never or rarely reload... last i checked there were no stock handguns with a 38 round magazine.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I was watching 16 blocks, with Bruce Willis. He shoots a perp trying to break into his car. They show several scenes close up of Bruce with his glock. The first shot is a FTE and takes the glock out of battery. They focused on that failure for so long that I though it was a legit part of the movie, I kept wanting to scream "clear it dumbass" but no the next scene his glock is all fine and dandy no more stovepipe without him ever clearing it.

My fav. Gun mess up was in 16 blocks when bruce willis's glock jams ( must have been movie magic for that to happen lol ) yet they still do a slow motion circle around bruce willis and his gun and in the next angle his glock is not jammed.

iknorite lol :D

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    OK, how about when someone racks the slide on a shotty before heading out and then does it again for dramatic effect when by the intended target without losing a non-spent round?

Snowden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Heck, movies tend to be so wrong about guns and gun safety that it actually stands out to me when they get something right. For example, Pulp Fiction's impromptu lesson in trigger discipline :D

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Pulp Fiction...LOL

The first time I watched it I was saying to the wife "He is sweeping the guy in the back seat!." She gives me the normal wifely huff of annoyance, then BLAM!...It was priceless.

The hollywood folks know nothing about guns, and they play on the fact that most folks dont know much about guns either.

There are some annoyances in Burn notice also. Not actually "WRONG" things , just annoyances from my perspective.

The main heroine is supposed to be this gun savvy chick, and she goes on in one episode about a Makarov she sees and how she really wants one, because it as a great Russian firearm, And the the hero gets her one at the end of the show. A Makarov? are you serious? 9X18?...a real man stopper fer sure! :draw:

In another one, the show revolves around someone sneaking a Draganov into the country to assassinate someone, and about how Specialized the Drag is. Please...not the first choice of an assassian for sure, and not that hard to come by anyways.

Maybe the writers are just hung up on Soviet guns. :dunno:

Top Bottom