• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Spasmo and I just got back from seeing Zombieland. The movie doesn't really have a lot of surprises. If you've seen the previews, you pretty much know what it's about: Post-apocalyptic world with just a few survivors, whose business is killing zombies. And brother, business is GOOD.

This is not a horror flick. However, leave the kids at home as it's extremely gory, but it's clearly intended to be a comedy. It's not slaptstick, however, and the humor is well thought-out and well-timed.

If I had one complaint, it would be the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as the main character. This guy is a Michael Cera wanna-be without the charm. I can only take so much of his milque-toast, whining, too-fast mode of speech before I wanna smack him. If you saw "Adventureland" (a completely different movie in spite of the word "land" in the title), then you're already familiar with the exact character he plays in this movie.

Woody Harrelson, on the other hand, was exactly what you need him to be: A hard-charging, nothing-to-lose dirtbag who's made it his life's goal to rack up as many zombie kills as possible.

If you're a fan of comedies and you're a fan of zombie movies, you'll love Zombieland. I hereby grant this movie the Scutter01 Official Seal of Awesomeness.

scutterseal.gif

/fast zombies rock!
    scutterseal.gif

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    We saw this movie yesterday..... I cannot tell you how close my review would be to Scutter's......

Michael Cera all the way... that other kid is exactly like Scutter says.... a wannabe.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    We saw this movie yesterday..... I cannot tell you how close my review would be to Scutter's......

Michael Cera all the way... that other kid is exactly like Scutter says.... a wannabe.

Excellent film. My girlfriend and I loved it. We walked out and she told me that we need to buy more guns, just in case.

I thought the Eisenberg and Cera dudes were the same guy. Very whiny type characters. But, still, great flick. I am buying it on DVD.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Just watched Zombieland. I even got my wife to watch it. We both agreed it was dumb, but entertaining. I don't regret spending the $4.00 to rent it.

Top Bottom