• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you go to theatres if they were silent on the carry issue?

• Total voters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    Last time i went to the movie theater, it was at Castleton mall. I had been open carrying that day, and had no concealable holster to switch to when we decided to see Prometheus. Yes i would frequent a movie theater with no policies on such even if it was a far drive.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    217903_404424226281656_986451408_n.jpg

Enough said?

The Glockantuan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Ice age 4 survived without incident

Did you OC or CC?

I'm taking my wife to AMC on 86th tonight to see the Dark Knight Rises in IMAX.

Planning to CC; and after reading this thread, went into the spare room and dug out my LED flashlight just in case. :popcorn:

If anyone has had any issues carrying at this place, I'd appreciate a heads up just to know if they've increased security (added pat downs or something) since this awful tragedy.

I just hope they make a big example out of this guy. :whip:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I carry everywhere outside of work but I CC so it's never been a problem. I don't even look for a sign about not carrying. The can ask me to leave and I'll be happy to go. (Well maybe not happy but I'll go;)) But obviously my $$ go with me. Now if I could just convince my wife to carry everywhere I'd be a happier man.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

MasterAtArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    I would of in there like anywhere else, the movie theatre has always been a hotbed of conflict, not to the same degree but still

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I cc'd in a theater tonight. This theater didn't even have any anti gun signs, I looked. It was the Alex, a small mom and pop theater in Alexandria. $4/person and reasonable concessions. BTW, I saw Batman. While the theater is old and doesn't have state of the art sound and projectors, for $4 it is great!

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I cc'd in a theater tonight. This theater didn't even have any anti gun signs, I looked. It was the Alex, a small mom and pop theater in Alexandria. $4/person and reasonable concessions. BTW, I saw Batman. While the theater is old and doesn't have state of the art sound and projectors, for $4 it is great!

Been there and know the family that runs it.... That place rocks!

The Glockantuan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    CC'd last night to see the Dark Knight Rises in IMAX out at AMC theaters on 86th here in Indy. No issues whatsoever, and the movie was totally kick @$$

eddie1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Posted sign or not, I will CC every time - no sense in advertising what I have or don't have. The exceptions being, when I have to go to any federal type building. I only OC on my private property.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Would a theatre being silent convince you to patronize them over another one?

Would rather patronize a business that is pro rights than against.

Took all four of the kids to a movie theater about two weeks ago and the hubby couldn't come with...I CC because the safety of my family is my duty not that of some guy in a suit 800 miles away. I've never been hassled but most don't notice and if any did I would likely be dismissed as a "nonthreat" being surrounded by my kids.

Policies are only as good as those in place to enforce them; rights are only important to those willing to exercise them.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Alright you guys. Here it is, it was just a quick put together and I can still edit it, so please feel free to criticize. For every 100 signatures, I will print it and send it to each theatre listed. If you want any theatres added or anything added to the petition let me know. The only thing I ask, spread this petition around. I have 10,000 people as the goal, but whatever I get will be fine. I just want to draw attention to the issue at hand. Gun control will not solve the issue of crimes, but instead knowing that you will be met with force no matter where you go.

Human Rights Petition: Movie theatres everywhere: Please allow legal firearms. | Change.orghttp://www.change.org/petitions/movie-theatres-every-please-allow-legal-firearms

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I violate every single "No Gun" business policy as long as I am not violating the law. I won't break the law but I will violate a business's stupid policy. They never know anyway.
    THIS.

I will carry as long as I violate no laws. The business can make thier rules. I carry for my/my family's protection. They do not need to know that I carry. The old adage "What they don't know...." is my philosophy when entering a place like simon mall's and the likes.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Silent? Yes.

Anti-gun? No. I couldn't care less about their cute, little sign, but why give them my business?

If they had a "carry welcome" sign, they'd be my go to theater.

Top Bottom