Moving counties, how to update my carry license?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Okay, my google-fu is failing tonight. I currently live in Morgan County and am moving to Hendricks county in 2 weeks. What do I need to do to update my carry license? I see it says I have 60 days but I'm just missing WHAT I need to do.

P.S. I need to move my wife's as well and FINALLY get her out to the range.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Call Indiana State Police. I think they can update your info over the phone. If not, they can tell you where to mail your change of address.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Okay, my google-fu is failing tonight. I currently live in Morgan County and am moving to Hendricks county in 2 weeks. What do I need to do to update my carry license? I see it says I have 60 days but I'm just missing WHAT I need to do.

P.S. I need to move my wife's as well and FINALLY get her out to the range.

As long as the State Police KNOW, you are good. You can do it on line, or by phone. If you want the address correct on the LTCH, a dup. is avail on line, at a cost of $20.00, unless it has changed ....

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Call Indiana State Police. You will be referred to a phone number specifically for firearm issues and they can update your information right over the phone. No need to do anything else. Just did this 2 months ago.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    As long as the State Police KNOW, you are good. You can do it on line, or by phone. If you want the address correct on the LTCH, a dup. is avail on line, at a cost of $20.00, unless it has changed ....

Yes, but they tell you that you DO NOT need a duplicate with the correct address. Mighty nice of them.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN

Yes, but they tell you that you DO NOT need a duplicate with the correct address. Mighty nice of them.

As noted above, you can notify ISP by various methods. If you want new paper with the correct address (or just a fresh copy) it costs $20 and the new paper will say "Duplicate". Takes a few weeks to get the new paper. They are actually pretty cordial about the process.

Top Bottom