• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    ESEE for me since they make a great affordable knife. Also because I am a direct dealer with ESEE for the last 5 years. Strider is an awesome knife too but can be a little pricey.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm more of an Busse fan myself, INFI steel is one of the best, they are easy to sharpen, hold an edge longer than most, tough, semi stainless, a no questions asked warranty, and made in Ohio by a great group of people. You do pay more for them, but if you don't care for that piticular knife, sell it, you might even make a little money on it.

I rotate between a Son of Badger with 4.5" blade, SAR 5 with 5" blade, AMSMO with 3.5" blade, and if I'm feeling froggy I carry my HG55, it's a 5.5" blade that's a little harder to conceal for me. I carry mine horizontal weak side front, that gives me the most options for deployment. My fixed blades are for GTFOM, or last ditch.

I'll add, they are all darn fine sammich slicers, even if your sammich is made with a truck bed. :)

SOB and HG55 bottom two

SAR5

AMSMO

Dave, I think you're supposed to actually slice the sandwich in two without crushing it flat with your sharpened metal 2x4.

Heh heh heh

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Dave, I think you're supposed to actually slice the sandwich in two without crushing it flat with your sharpened metal 2x4.

Heh heh heh

Just because I can chop a 2x4 in half in five chops, then whittle hair with the same blade, chop a car in half, and not hurt the value of it at all, well :): heh heh heh

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Oh sure, you can buy one BUSSE or several other options that aren't MAGIC BLADES; but will perform just as well. It's all about the Benjamins and the HYPE. Don't get me wrong, BUSSES are GREAT KNIVES but the're not the only answer to all things sharp.

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Why do you like the 4 better than the 3?

I thought my Esee 5 was the greatest thing ever till my 3 showed up, the 3 holds so well, it is just the perfect knife.

I am having Raven "holster" made for my 3 so I can carry it across my belt, should be awesome to be able to carry it.

If I was naked in the middle of the jungle and was only allowed one item it would be a Esee 5!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought my Esee 5 was the greatest thing ever till my 3 showed up, the 3 holds so well, it is just the perfect knife.

I am having Raven "holster" made for my 3 so I can carry it across my belt, should be awesome to be able to carry it.

Damn you! I tried to buy a stripped one off a gent in the classifieds, but I missed the deal.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    1095 rusts, so do the handle screws, and don't hit any staples or nails with the edge, it chips easy, I've had to sharpen a lot of chips out of my sons junglas and izula. Check out Becker too, they're hard to beat!

Oh sure, you can buy one ESEE or several other options that aren't MAGIC BLADES; but will perform just as well. It's all about the Benjamins and the HYPE. Don't get me wrong, ESEE's are GREAT KNIVES but the're not the only answer to all things sharp.

1095 rusts! Price points: $100 give or take (remember, you get what you pay for).

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'd call myself an Emerson man, but I've mostly moved to a SOCP Dagger (or two ;).)
    Huh go figure, I have always been a dagger guy, only I call them river knives. He brings an air of Aussie sophistication to my self rationalized redneck ways of doing things. Drop a river knife and a bird knife in a blender and you get that dagger, I am naturally drawn to it. Now you are costing me money.

My Dad won a gun fight with a knife. It does not take a huge knife to win but it did require him getting shot AND the bullet doing the magic Kennedy bullet dance. Instead of the bullet passing through his arm and striking him in the head, as the shooter intended, it hit bones and turned and traveled up his arm. I figure luck like that may only come every other generation or so, especially when you factor in my Grandfather's adventures.

Last edited:

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    I thought we were supposed to have administrators to keep jerks from changing the original posts. What gives?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought we were supposed to have administrators to keep jerks from changing the original posts. What gives?

Whoa there big fella, that looks like an honest typo/computer kerfuffle/oversight error?

With all due respect, you might want to temper your name calling at least until you know what you are dealing with. :twocents:

Last edited:

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    If you read all my original posts on this thread; you will find several changes. Not just one honest mistake. Oh well, I'm finished whipping this dead horse and will move along to other things.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you read all my original posts on this thread; you will find several changes. Not just one honest mistake. Oh well, I'm finished whipping this dead horse and will move along to other things.

What are you talking about?

Are you talking about people editing their own messages? Why should they not be allowed to do that?

Are you talking about someone editing your messages? How can they accomplish that?

Are you talking about people quoting you, then editing the quote in their message (which is not the same as altering your message in your post) to fit their agenda? I can see why that might be an issue, but it's usually done for humor.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    The latter. But not done in humor. Let's just go ahead and let this horse die and move on.

Top Bottom