Not open for further replies.

apfroggy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Franklin
    Hey guys

Moving in from west Texas to the Columbus area. I'm big into duck hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, and any hunting really.

I'll be moving up there and settling in first week of February. I'm hoping someone would be willing to show a new guy around the area to to good fishing spots and potential duck spots!

Thanks
    Alex

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    :welcome:Welcome to the Hoosier state! As a transplant myself, I will say that the "Hoosier Hospitality" really is pretty awesome. Plenty of fishing and hunting spots in the area, you just have to get to know the right people, and pay your dues. Good Luck on the move and be safe!:ingo:

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Welcome. I spent some time in the Houston area and earned my screen name there. Not going to be able to help you in the hunting / fishing department as I am rather north of you, but you have picked a good part of the state to relocate to; especially if you enjoy the outdoors.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Ditto. Originally from Hereford (near Amarillo) but went to school downstate and did three years in Houston before I came up here.

If that sounds like a prison term.... it felt like it. :):

You definitely picked a good spot to move to.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Welcome. I mirrored imaged your move -- I grew up near Columbus (Brown County, actually), left, and 20 years later arrived in Texas via the Air Force. Texas was the only place of all my career moves that felt like "home," so I stayed after I retired. I suspect you will find southern Indiana a good fit.

Apistoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Hamilton County
    Alex,

Welcome to Indiana. Lived in San Antonio (John Marshall HS) myself, wife is from the Columbus area. You'll find lots of good people, but not much bass fishing. Crappie start hitting in the Spring. There's a lot of lakes to the west of Columbus. You might want to look into turkey and goose hunting. Camp Atterbury is near you and has the best shooting range around. If you're working for Cummins, the employee rec area (Ceraland) has a decent range too.

John

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom