Moving radio traffic from theater massacre.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I posted this in another thread but it reality, it really needs it's own thread. It's 16 minutes of radio traffic of the first responders. Try not to "armchair quarterback" but rather listen to just how chaotic the scene was. The officers did a great job with what little information they had. They even started loading up the wounded in their patrol cars to get them to the hospital. Also, dispatchers/control operators don't get enough love. A good one is worth their weight in gold. This one stayed calm, got the job done, and was such a help to the responders.

Audio: Aurora Theater Shooting Police Dispatch - News - LawOfficer.com

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I listened to it all... Sounds like it was incredibly chaotic. Some very chilling radio calls were made. And yes, that dispatcher stayed as cool as a cucumber.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    For what they had to deal with, I thought the PD and Dispatch handled the situation very well. Each scene is different and must be handled as calm as possible considering all of the chaos. No one knows what it is like until they have gone though it themselves.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A buddy of mine used to let me listen to police radio traffic and I thought it was kinda cool to hear the network all coming together, response time, who does what.

This is just chilling

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Excellent job by the dispatcher. Like Denny stated above they are worth their weight in gold. Excellent job by the first responders. Seem to have handled things the best they could have.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Its a horrific thing, LEOs, EMS and dispatchers did a good job with the given circumstances and not knowing where the threat was.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    dispatchers/control operators don't get enough love. A good one is worth their weight in gold.
    I have read other LEOs post this exact thing. They also say that many call takers and dispatchers have their jobs because they are someone's relative and are incompetent and have no business doing that job.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    1. First an foremost, this is the radio traffic that gives you goosebumps from head to toe making you want to make a difference in society.

2. A little confusion for me... I've heard in many places that Holmes cooperated however did not say anything at all to the officers about the crime. He did not resist but claimed the fifth am. In the radio traffic one officer stated to keep looking for suspects but the suspect said he was the only one. In context wouldn't that be admitting that you are in fact the shooter?

3. The medias liberal agenda is trying to shape this scenario to turn Americans against our 2nd am rights. However this should be a call for all Americans to bear arms to protect ourselves and our neighbors from the tragedy that one bad soul may cause.

Therefore, I will be carrying my EDC with my BUG while I attend a viewing today of the movie. I sincerely hope with the best intentions that if I am ever in a situation like the one in Colorado that a few of my fellow movie goers will understand and take up their rights from the 2nd am.

4. Lastly props to the OP, this is something that will make you truly great full for the gift of life.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I posted this in another thread but it reality, it really needs it's own thread. It's 16 minutes of radio traffic of the first responders. Try not to "armchair quarterback" but rather listen to just how chaotic the scene was. The officers did a great job with what little information they had. They even started loading up the wounded in their patrol cars to get them to the hospital. Also, dispatchers/control operators don't get enough love. A good one is worth their weight in gold. This one stayed calm, got the job done, and was such a help to the responders.

Audio: Aurora Theater Shooting Police Dispatch - News - LawOfficer.com

Vey well stated, thanks.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    That was amazing audio. With all the confusion and the magnitude of what was going on I give all the officers and dispatchers props for being able to get the job done in a well mannaered as possible way. Only a couple times the excitement got to the officers when they entered into the theater itself did it show in their voices. Excellent job to the men and women in CO.

Top Bottom