• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    So I'm looking through eBay and find a DVD that claims to show you how with "just a hardware store tool" you can convert your HK mp5 .22 to auto fire. And claims to be able to convert it back. Now this is just a DVD, but I have to be honest, I have an HK mp5 .22, and I am definitely curious..... Just want to know your guys thoughts ....??? And I understand all the legal beagle stuff, so please no need for a lecture just wondering what some of you think and have you ever heard of this before.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If its like a 94, I would guess he is just talking about making another notch in the hammer along with some FA parts (FA carrier, bolt, etc). You can find conversion docs on google all day long. For informational purposes only.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Well, they're nothing like a real MP5 internally, so I have no idea how it would be done. I couldn't do it unless I was an 02 SOT anyway, so I'm not really that interested. I guess anyone who had a keen mechanical inclination and the right tools could make almost any semi auto gun into a machinegun.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I bet possession of that DVD and an MP5 .22 would be enough to get a conviction on "intent to construct".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sure you know all the "legal beagle" stuff, but you asked what we think.

I think the NFA is downright dumb, but I also think I don't want to spend several years in federal prison. Make no mistake, this isn't a slap on the wrist issue.

...but have fun. You can think about how much fun it was to spray that expensive .22 ammo all over the place while you're working for 23 cents an hour mopping the cafeteria.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I bet possession of that DVD and an MP5 .22 would be enough to get a conviction on "intent to construct".

C'mon. You should know better than to spread this kind of rumor.

Does having an AR-15 and an owners manual for an M16 get you in trouble? No.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    C'mon. You should know better than to spread this kind of rumor.

Does having an AR-15 and an owners manual for an M16 get you in trouble? No.

Does having a conversion manual on how to convert your AR15 to full-auto get you into trouble? I don't know, but you know as well as I do the lengths they'll go to to obtain a conviction.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Easy everyone, I ddnt say I was buying it and maybe I ddnt pose the question correctly. I was asking what u thought of someone putting this DVD out ther with this type of info..... I have to agree I dnt think having literature will get u sent to prison but like said before they will try anthng to prove a point.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Does having a conversion manual on how to convert your AR15 to full-auto get you into trouble? I don't know, but you know as well as I do the lengths they'll go to to obtain a conviction.

Maybe if you don't know you shouldn't say one way or the other?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having the info, gun, and even tools to do it.

I have Colt's M16 blue-prints (the ones restricted to DOD only) as part of my job, I have a machine-shop in my garage, and lots of AR lowers. That doesn't make it intent; until you have the parts as well (acquiring the parts is what they need to prove intent).

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    T'was only a mild poke at Scutter. The Interwebz is too fur serious. :):

I need to go clean the melted lacquer out of my AR chamber. Be right back.

Top Bottom