• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I think there is a date code on the MRE packaging itself. You just have to figure out how to decode it. That info is out on the net somewhere, maybe mreinfo has it.

Indy500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Some of my previous MRE's did have a date code embossed by the heat seal of the outer bag. Those were made in 2007. The MRE's from ArmyGear.net that I just got are 2008 or later judging by the package design but there is no numbers of any kind printed or embossed. I went to MREinfo.com and they show the menus from different years. mine matched up to 2009,
    I think there is a date code on the MRE packaging itself. You just have to figure out how to decode it. That info is out on the net somewhere, maybe mreinfo has it.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    That's good to know about the date of the ArmyGear mre's. I bought several boxes from them but was a little concerned since they aren't in their original cases.
    I watch mre prices, but as far as being able to shop online I haven't found a better deal than ArmyGear. I just need to make a roadtrip to Columbia sometime.

bubajoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Thanks, I'll be stocking up, currently have just a couple cases as they're great for backpacking also.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    are the prices of MRE's at the 1500 good? I was thinking about ordering a couple of boxes for around $70 a piece online but if I can get a better price at the 1500, I'll wait!!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    are the prices of MRE's at the 1500 good? I was thinking about ordering a couple of boxes for around $70 a piece online but if I can get a better price at the 1500, I'll wait!!!

havent seen any at a 1500 in a while. i wouldnt pay more than $60 a case though if you do find them. use to be everywhere. now though all the SMART people are stocking up and they are harder to find.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    ok, thanks ranger!

I had never really thought about getting them and always figured I would just buy stuff to make my own.....but I like the convenience factor of a predone MRE. In case of a SHTF situation, I can just grab the box and go or if I need one for going hunting I can just grab one and throw it in the pack and go. :)

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    everytime i see the prices of MREs, im glad back in 2001, dad and i bought like 12 cases for 36 bucks each, brand new milspec. test date refers to the date in which the MRE should be tested for sealness and edibility, theres several ways to do this, some say fill a sink full of water, see if they sink or float, theres tons of other ways, im drawing a blank right now.

i do have some that are test date 1994 and ive even got some K and C rations somewhere buried too :laugh:

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Test date is also 3 years from the point of initial manufacture and packaging, so that gives you an idea of how old they are.

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    Does anyone know a good website/store where a fella can pick up genuine military MREs for a good deal. My local surplus store charges me 70 bucks a case. I know you can find deals at gun shows for about 50 bucks a case. Most website that I've found kill you with shipping charges. Any info would be appreciated.

You can try cheaperthendirt.com or centerfiresystems.com Ive seen them selling MREs. SgtGrit.com might as well but not 100% sure

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    A guy at the 1500 was selling the entrees by themselves for I believe $3 each. Anybody know where to get just the entrees for $3 or less each?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    A guy at the 1500 was selling the entrees by themselves for I believe $3 each. Anybody know where to get just the entrees for $3 or less each?

Here:

Emergency Essentials - Be Prepared Emergency Preparedness Food Storage...

and here:

MRE Meat Entrees at Long Life Food Depot

FYI,
    I've been trying to check armygear.net and it seems they are out of their complete MRE's. If you click on the item, it shows them as out of stock, but if you click "buy now" it'll show it available in your cart. If you're going to pay $3 for just the entree, may as well spend another $1.5 and get the whole meal, just my two cents.

Top Bottom