• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I use "No, Thank You" keep walking. I've had the door alarms go off on me a few times when some hidden strip didn't get de-magnatized. I just looked straight ahead and kept walking. No one bothered me.

I at least turn around and see if anyone is telling me to return. Typically there is nobody paying attention, or somebody sees me not doing an Usain Bolt impression and just waves me out. I dont necessarily mind being stopped when that happens. That is at least a reasonable suspicion something is up.

Better than just stopping me for S&G with no RAS.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If I didn't steal something and I don't steal, their equipment is their problem not mine. I am not volunteering to solve their problem. How you doing neighbor?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Why do people even bother to go into Walmart any more when you can shop online and have your groceries brought out to your car for free with little to no hassle, no Walmartians to deal with and no receipt scanning?

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    In the last couple of months I stopped at WallyWorld one time to grab a wax ring for my turdlet. The expensive synthetic one from Menards or Lowes colapsed. I've never had a problem with a wax one. I do not even like parking my car in the parking lot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    oXBuKI4.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why do people even bother to go into Walmart any more when you can shop online and have your groceries brought out to your car for free with little to no hassle, no Walmartians to deal with and no receipt scanning?

We did it for a while. Kinda annoying because not 100% of the products are available, and their substitution choices of the items you CAN buy were.... interesting. "Hi, we didnt have any dry roasted peanuts, so we substituted honey roasted." Thats fine and dandy if you like that flavor and are not on a no sugar diet. You'd think they would substitute a different brand of the same flavor.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    We did it for a while. Kinda annoying because not 100% of the products are available, and their substitution choices of the items you CAN buy were.... interesting. "Hi, we didnt have any dry roasted peanuts, so we substituted honey roasted." Thats fine and dandy if you like that flavor and are not on a no sugar diet. You'd think they would substitute a different brand of the same flavor.

Yes, they do come up with some interesting proposed substitutions at times but IMO, it is still better than dealing with all of the other headaches. The best proposed substitutions we've ever had was an onion as a substitute for cauliflower and celery as a substitute for leeks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We had a nice discussion as a family of 4th amendment related issues, innocent until proven guilty, why they are doing it, etc on the drive home. She was more receptive than I expected. ESPECIALLY since the mini monkeys were with me, I made extra sure I was not rude and as polite and pleasant as possible. She's just doing her job.
    Did that discussion lead to the fact that the fourth amendment applies to the government?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As a society, do we not generally apply constitutional rights to anyone that wants to restrict them? Do you allow your neighbor to put a stop to your free speech or right to bear arms?

If he's in my house, then yes.

If someone's in my business, then yes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Counterpoint: Would you like them to charge you more for using a credit card?

In my experience, most merchant agreements prohibit them from charging customers the fee. (many small shops do it anyway, or give a cash discount to skirt the issue)

Did that discussion lead to the fact that the fourth amendment applies to the government?

Yes. As well as how that is part of the contract of clubs includes a provision, but regular retail does not.

And its possible to post the warning and enforce it if they wish. At which time I would stop buying there. Frys is a good example. But I dont have much choice but to comply because I'm not going because I want to, but because my boss tells me to on the clock.

For those that arent familiar, they do the same marker trick sams club does to prevent reusing a receipt, and also do a cursory check to make sure they appear to match. They post that at the entrance that you will be checked on the way out. Ive only had one time I have said anything and that was when the guy started doing a literal line by line inventory of the things in my bag against the receipt, trying to make sure I had EXACTLY what I purchased. after the 5th piece I said "typically you guys just glance to make sure they appear to match. If you would like to accuse me of stealing something as you apparently think I have by your insane attention to detail, you can stop right now and call security. Because we are done with this bull****." His response was "Oh! You can go." (luckily I forgot my work badge that day because I shouldnt have said that since I was on the clock and they are a customer of ours)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    In my experience, most merchant agreements prohibit them from charging customers the fee. (many small shops do it anyway, or give a cash discount to skirt the issue)

Yes. As well as how that is part of the contract of clubs includes a provision, but regular retail does not.

And its possible to post the warning and enforce it if they wish. At which time I would stop buying there. Frys is a good example. But I dont have much choice but to comply because I'm not going because I want to, but because my boss tells me to on the clock.

For those that arent familiar, they do the same marker trick sams club does to prevent reusing a receipt, and also do a cursory check to make sure they appear to match. They post that at the entrance that you will be checked on the way out. Ive only had one time I have said anything and that was when the guy started doing a literal line by line inventory of the things in my bag against the receipt, trying to make sure I had EXACTLY what I purchased. after the 5th piece I said "typically you guys just glance to make sure they appear to match. If you would like to accuse me of stealing something as you apparently think I have by your insane attention to detail, you can stop right now and call security. Because we are done with this bull****." His response was "Oh! You can go." (luckily I forgot my work badge that day because I shouldnt have said that since I was on the clock and they are a customer of ours)
    I am sure you know this, but Sams in nothing like Walmart or Fry's when it comes to receipt checks. You agreed to an inspection of your property as part of the contract you signed with Sams Club.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/html/help/terms-and-conditions.html
    • Sam's Club reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase or other bag of any person upon entering or leaving any Sam's Club location and to refuse entry to anyone at our discretion.
    • Receipts: To ensure that you are charged correctly for the merchandise you have selected, Sam's Club may inspect or electronically scan your merchandise and electronic/phone or paper copy receipt(s) when you exit any Sam's Club location.

If one does not like the policy, one should not agree to it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Wait, are we allowed to shop at Walmart again? I thought we were boycotting them over their open carry policy.

I can't keep up anymore.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am sure you know this, but Sams in nothing like Walmart or Fry's when it comes to receipt checks. You agreed to an inspection of your property as part of the contract you signed with Sams Club.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/html/help/terms-and-conditions.html

If one does not like the policy, one should not agree to it.

Because by joining, I have signed a membership agreement, agreeing to the terms. "I bought my ticket..."

hqdefault.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And to be clear, my counterpoint comment may indicate I am a member of Sams Club. I am not. (though not for that receipt reason)

Top Bottom