• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Last weekend I had a bump that looked like a bite just below my waist. Well, it started filling up with fluid and was very painful. I went to the Dr. today, and he said that it was MRSR, and that there was an epidemic in the US. They had to do four incisions, and it hurt like a SOB. I wanted to punch the Dr. in the face it hurt so bad, and I have a high pain threshold. Just a heads up, keep an eye on anything that starts out as a red bump, if it starts getting painful, get it looked at. It's not a fun experience.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Oh ya in college I played soccer and I've seen a bunch of guys get MRSR from the showers and towels and stuff. Not a fun thing to have. And my cousin had to have a half-dollar sized infection removed from his shoulder because of an MRSR infection.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Best way to prevent it is to stay clean, keep wounds clean, and avoid other's wounds. Some of the most common ways it is spread....

The CDC says that the following things have been associated with the spread of MRSA.

Close skin-to-skin contact
    Openings in the skin, like cuts or abrasions
    Contaminated items and surfaces
    Crowded living conditions, like in hospitals or prisons
    Poor hygiene

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I went to a big shoot last Saturday, a day or two later I started having fluid build up. I'm very clean and I still got it. Of course I'm one to put things off because I have a high pain threshold. If I would have known what I was going to go through today, I would have went to the Dr. sooner. Just be aware everyone!

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Last weekend I had a bump that looked like a bite just below my waist. Well, it started filling up with fluid and was very painful. I went to the Dr. today, and he said that it was MRSR, and that there was an epidemic in the US. They had to do four incisions, and it hurt like a SOB. I wanted to punch the Dr. in the face it hurt so bad, and I have a high pain threshold. Just a heads up, keep an eye on anything that starts out as a red bump, if it starts getting painful, get it looked at. It's not a fun experience.
    You need a new doctor. When I have to go to a doctor or dentist for the first time, I tell them my Golden Rule: "If you hurt me, I'm not going to pay you." They might be able to sue me and get the money, but that's what they'd have to do. So far, it's worked. ;)

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I went to a big shoot last Saturday, a day or two later I started having fluid build up. I'm very clean and I still got it. Of course I'm one to put things off because I have a high pain threshold. If I would have known what I was going to go through today, I would have went to the Dr. sooner. Just be aware everyone!
    you need to contact the people you were shooting with. MRSA is highly contagious and the issue needs to be addressed. In the hospitals it's typically spread by improper cleaning of hands and surfaces, so I would bet you contracted it from someone via the gun.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Best way to prevent it is to stay clean, keep wounds clean, and avoid other's wounds. Some of the most common ways it is spread....

The CDC says that the following things have been associated with the spread of MRSA.

Close skin-to-skin contact
    Openings in the skin, like cuts or abrasions
    Contaminated items and surfaces
    Crowded living conditions, like in hospitals or prisons
    Poor hygiene

so no orgies in clown cars full of emo clowns, check.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    When you clean yourself in the shower SCRUB yourself. I am around MRSA all day and have yet to get an abscess. I use a loofa and dial soap and literally SCRUB like I am trying to take some dirt off. Not painful but definately not gentle. They all start out looking like "bug bites" but they are NOT bug bites. Bugs have nothing to do with it unless you saw a bug biting you there.

We will not have vanco as a defense if we keep using it. This is why PCN doesn't work anymore.

Keep open wounds clean and dry.
    Scrub the crap out of everything. Especially if it is dark and damp in that area.

To care for one you need to have a:
    Scalpel or scissors
    cleaning agent like chloraprep or iodine
    Iodoform gauze
    Hemostats
    Lidocaine is nice to have

Inject site with lidocaine. This is best achieved with a syringe and a 25g needle. Give it 5 minutes to take effect. Now cut abscess if it isn't open and draining. Squeeze it until all pus has been removed. IF you do not get all puss out then it will come back as fast as it can grow. Packc with iodoform gauze (gauze has antibiotic on it) and leave a tail hanging out for removal later. Come back in 2-4 days to get packing removed and check on abscess.

IANAD.

Top Bottom