• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I have you down for 5 smoke translucent and 5 green.

I have every color but the smoke translucent mags. I talked to Microtech today about when I can expect them and really didn't get a clear answer.

I'm just waiting on the smoke translucent mags. I'll PM you when I have your order completed.
    Thanks,
    Brad

They didnt give you a clear answer....I see what you did there.

Well I still do not have my DSG mags the race continues. Am I going to have to pay extra for all the harassing?

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    They didnt give you a clear answer....I see what you did there.

Well I still do not have my DSG mags the race continues. Am I going to have to pay extra for all the harassing?

:laugh: I really didn't plan the "clear' statement in advance. I didn't catch it myself until after I posted it.

No extra charge for harassing, but I'll give you Microtech's number and you can harass them. :D

I'm a bit disappointed in the time this is taking...I have a lot money tied up in black, tan and green mags that I can't get shipped out to people until their smoke translucent mags get here.

zoglog

Expert
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Well I have sad news...I got my DSG mags yesterday. But look on the bright side, you have second place all wrapped up!

Once again, I am just giving you a hard time, I appreciate your work in putting this together!

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    MSAR AR Mag Group Buy is Canceled

MSAR AR Mag Group Buy is Canceled
    Due to the fact that MSAR can not deliver product, at this time, I'm canceling the group buy for the rest of the AR mags. I apologize if this causes any grief on your end, but I'm not going to subject my customers or myself to any more of a wait. As some of you know, there were some problems with the initial design. MSAR has made some design changes and have corrected the problems.
    They (MSAR) changed the composition of the molded plastic (shell) to make it more stable. Apparently what was happening, after a mag that was fully loaded that sat for a period of time, the molded plastic was changing very slightly, enough to loosen things up to make the mags unstable. This was happening on a selected few, but not all of the mags, but enough for the exchange program. They also changed the follower design clearances, as they found them to be too tight.

Exchange program link: http://msarinc.com/mag_upgrade.pdf

I sent back 153 (initial design) mags in various colors to be exchanged 1 to 1 with the improved design. What I got back was 153 black mags.......no green and no tan models. This causes a big problem as many of you have ordered green and tan models to match the furniture on your AR's. When I called MSAR to discuss this problem, I was informed that there was no date on when the green and tan models would be available. Also, no date on when the smoke translucent models would be shipped.

At this point, I felt it was in everybody's best interest not to go forward with the group buy. Nobody is out any money (except me) because I didn't require payment up front, and I'm sure glad I went this route.

Again, I apologize that I can't go forward with this group buy. If there is any thing that I can do for you or you would like to discuss this further, please feel free in sending me a PM.

Sincerely,

Brad

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Thanks for being up front with and looking out for us. :yesway:

Are you now stuck with 153 black mags?

No, I'm not stuck with them. I have been a direct dealer with Microtech for 4 years and have a very good relationship with them. They allowed me to ship them back and they are issuing a credit to my account that I will use for purchasing knives. :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No, I'm not stuck with them. I have been a direct dealer with Microtech for 4 years and have a very good relationship with them. They allowed me to ship them back and they are issuing a credit to my account that I will use for purchasing knives. :D

That's good. Thanks for the effort on this.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I guess I'm just plain lucky. I got 2 black mags from the first batch and they have performed well. No issues what so ever.:dunno:

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I guess I'm just plain lucky. I got 2 black mags from the first batch and they have performed well. No issues what so ever.:dunno:

I'm not surprised, as I know a lot of people that are using them (1st batch) and are not having any problems. Like I stated earlier, only a handful of people have indicated they were having problems.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm not surprised, as I know a lot of people that are using them (1st batch) and are not having any problems. Like I stated earlier, only a handful of people have indicated they were having problems.

Mine were from the first batch as well and though they seem a little flimsier than p-mags, they've performed well. But I haven't tested them after being loaded for an extended period.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Glad I saw the last few posts...
    I sent all 6 of my mags back to be replaced....
    I had left them fully loaded since around 4/1 and when I pulled them out on Saturday 7/13 I found out I had some bad ones.
    When I tossed one on my bed, 9 rounds came spilling out. The issue repeated on the rest of my mags.
    I hope the new ones are better.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Glad I saw the last few posts...
    I sent all 6 of my mags back to be replaced....
    I had left them fully loaded since around 4/1 and when I pulled them out on Saturday 7/13 I found out I had some bad ones.
    When I tossed one on my bed, 9 rounds came spilling out. The issue repeated on the rest of my mags.
    I hope the new ones are better.

Sounds like I should store mine loaded for a while and then test them out.

other dave

Shooter
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Just received the following email from MSAR.

Thanks for contacting us. The deadline was just extended to end of the month, meaning postmarked by the 31st. The website will be updated next week. Please go ahead and send the mags next week.

Qualifying magazines should be shipped to:
    MSAR South
    321 Fanning Fields Road
    Mills River, NC 28759.

The box must include a legible, typed letter detailing:
    [1] Customer contact information
    [2] Return shipping address
    [3] The number of magazines in the package

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks,
    Ellie Karrasch
    Design/Marketing
    MSAR

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Just a quick update... MSAR recieved my mags on Friday, 7/19. I had my replacements by Thursday, 7/25.:yesway:
    I am going to load them up this weekend and see how they hold up.

Top Bottom