• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Post some ideas on training or skills you'd like to learn/share!

This is not limited to just to the MSG 3 area

Planned events

Building an outdoor wood cooking stove
    Pending late March or April (all of you who have expressed interest already, I will contact you by PM in the near future)

MSG Campout #3 It will be cooler this year!
    Pending late April early May PM for ideas or input.
    Test your gear!

Pending events

Construction equipment - hands on operation-trying to secure demo equipment such as a backhoe, mini-excavator and skid steer - some cost is involved for fuel and equipment time. If you want to contribute equipment PM me

Building a team for your MSG - PM me for ideas and input

Ideas?

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    More details on the equipment idea!

Best case, we can bring in equipment from a site member(s) for the construction equipment idea.

Worst case, for $400 I have secured the delivery of a Cat mini excavator and skid steer for the weekend meeting from a rental customer. It looks like delivery and pick up of the equipment would be waived by this customer, saving $150.

So if this interests you, we would just split the costs.

Details to follow!

I

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I know I talked with you regarding the wood oven, and I would still love to help out. Early April would be a bit better for me though, as I am still on the mend from a broken foot. I am hobbling around now, but by early April I should be back to at least close to full speed. I can bring a wet saw, masonry hand tools, and my experience as a fireplace and chimney building chimney sweep mason.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I know I talked with you regarding the wood oven, and I would still love to help out. Early April would be a bit better for me though, as I am still on the mend from a broken foot. I am hobbling around now, but by early April I should be back to at least close to full speed. I can bring a wet saw, masonry hand tools, and my experience as a fireplace and chimney building chimney sweep mason.

I've got some materials to secure and that timeline will work.....

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Preliminarily MSG2 is looking to have BUG OUT dates set up for April, May, Sept, and Nov. Would love to make this a joint operation with the other MSG's.

Also a social gathering in July for a cookout, also something we could possibly join together for.

Our description:

MSG2 BUG OUT - The group will decide on a date per quarter. The main idea is to try out your preparations. People can participate at their own level. Some suggestions included:

• in-place bug out, where you cut the power and water for a day/night
    • hiking from work to home following your planned route and using only your bug out bag
    • driving to any of several locations (state parks as an example) and using your bug out bag to camp there.

Top Bottom