• ...and so much more!
  • duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    INGO Area Mutual Support Groups

Purpose: To facilitate and promote skills, materials and communications between individuals in a local area with the intent of a mutual response to a short or long term crisis.

Organization: None beyond a phone list and a commitment to helping others and accepting other's help as needs be. No central leadership, no uniforms, no ranks, this is not a militia.

Meetings: Gather once a month for a dinner and planning/training session. Individuals take turns to lead a session in an area of their experience/expertise or simply in something they have researched (if no-one has other training). Organizing to go as a group to CPR classes or other professional training would even be better.

Activities: Camping trips, hikes, trips to the range, and so forth. Members who have can help those who do not. Better yet, trips to bulk food stores to stock up on supplies or other suppliers of emergency materials.

Intent: To make sure that people in the same area are as possible, and to continually increase that preparedness. Additionally, to have contact capabilities between area members so that when the power lines go down and INGO goes dead, we are not a bunch of individuals sitting alone in the dark. For those who would bug out, let's work together to make that a better possibility. For those who would have to bug in, let us make sure we can coordinate efforts to mutual support possible.

To be clear, this is not militia training in the sense of small and large unit military training. This is neighbors banding together to help make our community ready if a disaster were to happen. Furthermore, this should all be fun!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mutual_support_groups_msg_s_a_local_idea.html

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    insidethebunker since it's your thread i'll let you do it, but i'd set a date, time and place, (in the event forum) and those of us that can make it will. I'm sure we all have different schedules, and if the meetings work we can get together once a month or something like that... just an idea.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    OK, my only open Saturday in the next month would be Feb 14th so:

Morning? after the breakfast rush, about 10:30
    Afternoon? after the lunch rush about 2:00

Location?
    #1) Frisches at the Corydon exit on I64 which would make it a little easier for our Evansville guy.
    #2) Denny's on Lewis & Clark Parkway in Clarksville
    #3) Other ideas?

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    OK, my only open Saturday in the next month would be Feb 14th so:

Morning? after the breakfast rush, about 10:30
    Afternoon? after the lunch rush about 2:00

Location?
    #1) Frisches at the Corydon exit on I64 which would make it a little easier for our Evansville guy.
    #2) Denny's on Lewis & Clark Parkway in Clarksville
    #3) Other ideas?

The 14th is a Sunday and Valentines day. I'd need a class on how to survive my wife if I'm not at home. Sorry.

Top Bottom