• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    2 stage sand filter done, got room for a 3rd, and figure that should go for charcoal. For now it's collecting, or will be once it saturates, the clean water. I've got that branch that fell on my DSL line last week, not sure what the city will say but may have to chop it up and make my own charcoal to further the "test" as i doubt there would be much chance to buy it in the store - course without a beach I don't know where you'd get the sand at in the first place.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I like the idea of the 50/50 money going for the hosting fees or food prep items that can be distributed as opposed to training ammo. There are too many variations of calibers that people carry. With the cost of ammo up it would take a very large amount of cash to make it worthwhile. Possibly some reloading or casting supplies might be an idea. Maybe use some of the money to buy a few cases of MRE's or canned goods to raffle off at a future meeting.

There are also a couple of good online banks that have debit cards to access it with. They pay good interest rates and make record keeping a snap. You can print off detailed records to keep at the meeting for people to see what expenditures we have. My Ally account right now is paying 1.29%. Just a couple of ideas.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sounds like the 50/50 idea may have some legs. I'm all for fortifing Keith's range with those funds. Buying stuff for the group to use as a whole would be cool as well. I will get some more tickets for the next meeting and, if everyone agrees, will run it again. If it becomes a standard meeting function and someone else wants to take it, I have no problem turning it over to them.

On a different note, we might want to start thinking about a "chain of command". Sorry to bring it up, but without some kind of disignated leadership, things can get real sloppy real quick. Maybe something on a rotating basis. You do 3 presentations and than you conduct a meeting. Afterwards, back to the ranks. Maybe lead 3 meetings then hand it off to the next guy or gal. We are all enthused right now with tons of fresh ideas. What better time to get organized? If we don't, well try to run a company or a platoon without someone in charge. Neither will get far.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Sounds like the 50/50 idea may have some legs. I'm all for fortifing Keith's range with those funds. Buying stuff for the group to use as a whole would be cool as well. I will get some more tickets for the next meeting and, if everyone agrees, will run it again. If it becomes a standard meeting function and someone else wants to take it, I have no problem turning it over to them.

On a different note, we might want to start thinking about a "chain of command". Sorry to bring it up, but without some kind of disignated leadership, things can get real sloppy real quick. Maybe something on a rotating basis. You do 3 presentations and than you conduct a meeting. Afterwards, back to the ranks. Maybe lead 3 meetings then hand it off to the next guy or gal. We are all enthused right now with tons of fresh ideas. What better time to get organized? If we don't, well try to run a company or a platoon without someone in charge. Neither will get far.

steve, make sure you hold some $$ back to pay for the tickets we use. no sense in that coming out of your own pocket. everything we do we can just write down so theres never any doubt about where some money went down the road.

I agree that some kind of command structure will eventualy need to be put into place. its just gonna make things run smoother. If he would accept it, then keith_indy would get my vote for president, because without his leadership and hospitality none of this would have started. of coarse its not up to just one vote. jsx is already the secretary because that was decided the first meeting and he does a heck of a job.

on the intrest thing with the money we must be careful because we dont need to get involved with taxes and crap. i think we need to discuss the raffle from here on out in private at the meetings only or by one on one discusions between members. :twocents:

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Just remembered, at the first meeting we had talked about possibly needing a separate site from INGO so that we can have more features (like email groups,) and flexibility for the group. Hosting costs might be needed for something like that.

I sent you a PM with some info...

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    on the intrest thing with the money we must be careful because we dont need to get involved with taxes and crap. i think we need to discuss the raffle from here on out in private at the meetings only or by one on one discusions between members. :twocents:

Agreed. And I second the nomination for keith_indy for President.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Also, for the website. I've got unused hosting services. My host gives a 2nd domain space/hosting for free. I can probably get password protected site set up pretty easily (Not something I could do personally without reading up on it, but I know somebody that can).

This may be where I can contribute pretty heavily. In the past I've reworked some wordpress sites (Indiana AR), and built a complete site using a customer provided template (Indianapolis Corporate Team Building Activities, Exercises | Vida Aventura). I can assist in whatever way you need in getting a site up and running.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom