• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Does that mean she will let us come back?:D You have a great house and it is a perfect setup for these meets but I understand that it can be overwhelming as well. Again, Thank You

Oh, definitely. While she's not interested in the civil unrest side of things, or conspiracy theories, the rest is stuff she wants to learn more about. Although she made an interesting comment at lunch yesterday, saying that the one thing she can see happening is states seceding and causing unrest, or even another civil war.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    My thought on time was to get somebody with a watch to keep track. If there is 30 minutes set aside for that topic then maybe a 5 til give a warning, and then again at 0 time. Depending on were at the talk things are, maybe give another 5 or even 10 minutes to finish wrapping up. Some things are hard to "rush" through, and in a few cases even dangerous if rushing means leaving out any warnings or special things to watch our for. Wouldn't want to cover chemical purifiers, and then leave out letting the water stand for an hour or so. Just my thought on the topic. Glad to hear we'll get another chance to hear Don. My mind was starting to drift a bit before he even had a chance to get up there.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    ( In my best Arnie voice) I'll be Back!!! :cool: With the harvest season fast approaching, the time for storage is now. I will post some you tube sites I know are very helpful in getting started.

I like the idea of two classes and rotate. One of the wonderful things I see about our group, is the willingness to share ideas. As we get further along, most of us will be at the same level and fresh information will not be so available.

Thanks to our host and hostess, we are so fortunate to have members willing to let us invade there home, folks like them are a blessing for sure, without them, this might not be as successful. :ingo:

Thanks to everyone for braving the heat and comming, and for the extra safety displayed while shooting. You are a great group, and I'm proud to be a member. Look for the web sites in the social group. Don

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was watching the time, but with so much good information, it's hard to say we need to stop now. But, it's only our 2nd meeting, and as we grow, we'll have to work things out as we go along.

Also I think Heather needs to teach us that command voice. I've never seen a room get so quiet.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Limiting the main discussion to 2 topics a night is a good idea, but I would disagree with splitting the group up. To much repetition getting everyone up to speed. Instead, I would recommend a 30 minute NON INTERRUPTED presentation followed by a 20 minute Q&A session. Break for 10 minutes. 2nd NON INTERRUPTED presentation, 20 minutes Q&A session. Then general discussion. If an item merits further discussion, carry it over to the next meeting.

While the shooting was fun, starting the meeting late because of it didn't help. Policing the brass was an excellent idea and should be mandatory during the last 10 minutes of shooting time from now on. Like Spidy's aunt says, "With great power comes great respondsibility".

Time management while become more and more important as we grow. As previously mentioned, an official "timekeeper" would be a very good idea.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Something to think about in terms of the 2 groups, while it makes excellent use of physical space; the instructors of each session would miss out on what each had to say/show/tell. That and the first class would definately miss out on any Qs that the other half of the group bring up. Another option is possibly doing more outside so that the group could stick togather. We could pretty easily set up some tarp shades (We are a SHTF Prep group and all) and meet outside. It wouldn't be as comfy, but think of it as pratice for rougher times. Just my 2 cents (I spent the rest on bullets). But whatever is decided is good with me.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Thanks to all for listening to me ramble on for so long! I tried to sum up a lot of basic information to get everyone on the same page from last meeting. I promise to NEVER do that again!

I have sent the AAR to Keith_Indy to post with pics.

I agree on limiting the number of topics.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Thanks to all for listening to me ramble on for so long! I tried to sum up a lot of basic information to get everyone on the same page from last meeting. I promise to NEVER do that again!

I have sent the AAR to Keith_Indy to post with pics.

I agree on limiting the number of topics.

jsx - I thought the info was great. My only thing is that I am a "hands on" learner. It would be very helpful (at least for me) if maybe each presenter could also do demonstrations. I would have loved to see a homemade filtration system or a walk through on some sterilization methods...:twocents:

Lynn Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    MSG 2 / Indianapolis
    One thing I have been kicking around today is the idea of a "Crafts Day".

Basically we pick a day and have people step us through making some items. I would have no problem helping people build things like the cat food/tuna can candles, alcohol stove, simple sand/charcoal filters, etc...

I just don't know how strong the interest would be in adding a second day each month for a hands on building things day.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    One thing we need to talk about is how to manage the funds from the 50/50. I'll post the AAR sometime tonight or tomorrow.

50/50 ideas: (im trying to stay practical with things related to prepping)

- camping outing/wilderness survival weekend (money could be used for camp wood, or site fees, etc)

- mylar bags or other prep bulk item buys

- group buy for MSG2 food preps to start a cache incase of a large emergency

- ammo for marksmanship training

- steel targets and lumber to build a suspension frame. maybe purchase a couple plates from bobcat steel << INGO advertiser. (it would be a nice and safe addition to shoot at, and also a nice gesture to our host Keith_Indy)

- Fill Dirt for keith_Indys backstop. Since we have used his range, I think certain funds need to be alloted to maintain the range. Its not right to use and abuse and not put back in. 2cents

anything we do should be something used by the whole group and not just individuals. remember that not everyone is gonna be purchasing tickets and its not realy fair to give $$ out of the pot to a guy for car repairs who never put anything in. thats my opinion. maybe that sounds mean but thats the way i feel. MSG is all about everyone bringing something to the table. you dont want someone sharing nothing but taking everything right? if im wrong tell me, i wont be mad. im just throwing my honest opinion out there.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just remembered, at the first meeting we had talked about possibly needing a separate site from INGO so that we can have more features (like email groups,) and flexibility for the group. Hosting costs might be needed for something like that.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    50/50 ideas

I also think it should be a group thing. I will make sure to bring a little cash next time to throw in...

For the ammunition idea I think we will need to make sure we have enough people shooting the same calibers that way we can buy in bulk and save.

If we go with the fill dirt idea for the range then I can help get it at my cost and move it there with my single-axle dump truck... Keep your eyes peeled though because alot of times people will offer FREE fill dirt if you move it out of there. We can talk more if its something we are going to do.

One of my ideas.............MSG-2 T-shirts :rockwoot: :D

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    On the craft side of things, I was thinking about making one of those sand filters. I've been wanting to for a while, I'll try to get things going this weekend and bring it next time as a show and tell deal. Once it's running I think water test are pretty cheap to see how well it actually works.

Also, for the website. I've got unused hosting services. My host gives a 2nd domain space/hosting for free. I can probably get password protected site set up pretty easily (Not something I could do personally without reading up on it, but I know somebody that can).

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Just remembered, at the first meeting we had talked about possibly needing a separate site from INGO so that we can have more features (like email groups,) and flexibility for the group. Hosting costs might be needed for something like that.

yep, i forgot about that. i dont know how to do that kind of stuff, but if you give me a WWW. address to go too and a password to login to the group then im down with it. :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: im down, homeee :):

JSX had the idea of patches. im down with that idea too.

I can get us all operator ball caps at my cost (too cheap to post), so we can put our patches on them, and even get name tapes for the back while we are shooting.
    !BpC3EK!!mk~$(KGrHqEOKiEEuZ76-dQgBLptHUrjy!~~_35.JPG

I think $$ for that stuff should come out of pocket though and not the general fund. 2cents

Last edited:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    If we go with the fill dirt idea for the range then I can help get it at my cost and move it there with my single-axle dump truck... Keep your eyes peeled though because alot of times people will offer FREE fill dirt if you move it out of there. We can talk more if its something we are going to do.

:yesway: On both the dirt/backstop and the shirts!

I'm good for the hosting for a secure site too....

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    One thing I have been kicking around today is the idea of a "Crafts Day".

Basically we pick a day and have people step us through making some items. I would have no problem helping people build things like the cat food/tuna can candles, alcohol stove, simple sand/charcoal filters, etc...

I just don't know how strong the interest would be in adding a second day each month for a hands on building things day.

I lost an entire sunday to your craft ideas from the meeting. The stoves and the candles are so simple it is crazy but now I want a bunch of them. As far as building the sand/charcoal filter I hope to have one in the works shortly. There are endless possibilities for all of us in the things we can come up with and build.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom