• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    "Mutual Support Group". The MSGs were a fledgling attempt to unite like-minded people who wanted to share resources and ideas in preparation for disasters of all types. I think someone divided the state into three or four "areas" numbered MSG-1, etc. As far as I know, MSG3 is the only group still publicly extant.
    I'm in the kokomo area, can anyone direct me to a similar group here?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm in the kokomo area, can anyone direct me to a similar group here?

You should make a breakroom post encouraging a meet and greet in the Kokomo area. Maybe an economical local eatery?

See where that takes you...

FYI - it's easy to fall down the rabbit hole of way overthinking the mutual support group idea. Concentrate on the local networking part.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    You should make a breakroom post encouraging a meet and greet in the Kokomo area. Maybe an economical local eatery?

See where that takes you...

FYI - it's easy to fall down the rabbit hole of way overthinking the mutual support group idea. Concentrate on the local networking part.
    Yeah, I've not made many connections since moving here unfortunately. Maybe once I make my way around this community a little more I will try to organize something.

Funny story about a local meet and great. Like 5 years ago some locals were organizing a movement to make Howard a 2a sanctuary county. They were organizing on facebbook at the time (before facebook banned any conservative protests) They had their first meeting in the basement of a pizza hut. Itwas one of the sketchiest things I'd ever been to, but I met the guy that would become my best friend there. lol

Unfortunately the county council threw us out and never got anywhere with the 2a movement here. Too many Chicago people and good ole boys on the council.

Top Bottom