• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When reporting on public figures, the media can be as negligent as can be and even completely reckless without incurring liability for defamation. It is only liable if it actually knew what it was reporting was false.

I’m sure that these media outlets dearly wanted what they were reporting to be true. They were, however, both negligent and reckless....which doesn’t get you a defamation suit in this case.

They really have been pushing the boundary's of the rights we all share. Not exactly sure how to slow this all down but yes, it is way out of hand.

The media is getting so out of hand and pushing the boundaries of defamation. Some high level law people are suggesting that NYT v Sullivan is ripe to be revisited by SCOTUS. It is possible that one of the Covinton kids suits may do just that.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The media is getting so out of hand and pushing the boundaries of defamation. Some high level law people are suggesting that NYT v Sullivan is ripe to be revisited by SCOTUS. It is possible that one of the Covinton kids suits may do just that.

We can only hope.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    oh **** son

graham dishing out the spice

(he's responding to a tweet from Comey, standing in a forest looking up at the sky)

vkbn4op.png

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Was awake late last night and the TV was still stuck on CBS so I watched the Stephen Colbert monologue. WoW! So instead of moving on post Mueller, this guy doubles down on his Trump Derangement Syndrome. If there was no collusion found then it must be something even worse. And the studio crowd ate it up, they cheered like people at a Trump rally when the President takes the stage.

Not sure what Colbert will do for employment six years from now as he has nothing in his bucket of tricks besides his TDS. I usually watch Johnny Carson reruns and he makes the current round of late night [STRIKE]comics[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]hosts[/STRIKE] shills look like grade school kids putting on an amateur show. Let's face it, Johnny had Reagan and Carter who were both comedy gold. He does a joke or two about politics but it does not dominate his monologue.

Unfortunately, I think you're spot on about today's slew of "comics" with late night shows. They are so fixated on their liberal politics, but they have no nuance. They are like the kid on the playground who think's he funny by blurting out curse word after curse word, and the crowd of grade schoolers enjoy it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    For those who are shocked and amazed that the government could waste so much money investigating claims which stretch the bounds of reality....

....let me share one foto.

Issa-1920x1218.jpg

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

There just wasn't enough evidence to indict.

That emphasis means they have some evidence. If not, they'd say there "was not" evidence to indict.

They are going to play this...."enough" is a key word for them.

Secondly, they will now use the "obstruction" verbiage to continue this on. They will use the angle, "If he did not "obstruct justice" they would have had "enough".

Not over, they will just use a different angle.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So the MSM is not a elected co branch of government like some believe. This event has pushed many away from the MSM where you can lie for two years and then cannot accept the results of the investigation the MSM is just looking stupid now even to the left.

Mr. Muller is a life long “swamp rat” he is a true bureaucrat and a lawyer! This dude love him or hate him was a good choice he is “one of their own” he had a big team filled full of other “rats” the MSM sang his praises for two years, bills were introduced to protect him he was always about to get fired by President Tump all that was untrue. He searched for everything and anything he could find and got zero.

Now the MSM and the left state if they can just see the full report there must be a secret part that Muller, Barr, Rosenstien and all the other lawyers missed WTF!

AG Barr is a insider as well and I am sure he did not put information in his summary that is not factual in the report.

This is is the type of behavior that is scary it’s like some are breaking from reality.
    Maddow from MSNBC came up with 15 questions driving her “crazy” really it’s just not accepting reality!

1. “Why did Mueller not decide on obstruction of justice?”
    2. “Did Mueller expect Barr to decide on obstruction?”
    3. “Should Barr have decided on obstruction?”
    4. “Did Mueller want to protect a future grand jury?”
    5. “Why did Barr consult the DOJ office of legal counsel before deciding about obstruction?”
    6. “What will be briefed to the intelligence committees and Gang of Eight?”
    7. “Was there a full investigation of Trump’s intent regarding obstruction?”
    8. “Were Trump’s finances part of the investigation?”
    9. “Will we see the Mueller investigation scope memo?”
    10. “Will we see Trump’s written responses to Mueller?”
    11. “Will the Mueller report be released?”
    12. “Will Mueller testify to Congress?”
    13. “Will Congress see Mueller’s underlying evidence?”
    14. “Will ongoing investigations be affected?”
    15. “Will Trump recognize Russia attacked our election?”

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So, everyone who is saying the Mueller Report is going to guarantee a 2020 victory for Trump, think about this. The American electorate has a very short memory. Its something like 18 moths to the 2020 General Election. They will forget, The Democrat Anti-Trumpers and the leftist news media will bury this over the next 18 months. So the Mueller Report will be old news next year. Thje Dems and their lackeys will postulate other Trump outrages in the meantime. It's still going to be a battle for the Presidency in 2020.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, everyone who is saying the Mueller Report is going to guarantee a 2020 victory for Trump, think about this. The American electorate has a very short memory. Its something like 18 moths to the 2020 General Election. They will forget, The Democrat Anti-Trumpers and the leftist news media will bury this over the next 18 months. So the Mueller Report will be old news next year. Thje Dems and their lackeys will postulate other Trump outrages in the meantime. It's still going to be a battle for the Presidency in 2020.

Got to be some outrage fatigue, though. Being up-in-arms for two years, screaming about something you were so sure happened... then seeing your side back down and admit it didn't happen. You'd be reluctant to get your hackles up again without some skepticism.

I mean, yes... there are ultra-partisans that will get outraged over everything... but they're the loud minority.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Got to be some outrage fatigue, though. Being up-in-arms for two years, screaming about something you were so sure happened... then seeing your side back down and admit it didn't happen. You'd be reluctant to get your hackles up again without some skepticism.

I mean, yes... there are ultra-partisans that will get outraged over everything... but they're the loud minority.

Of course, I hope you're right!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They really have been pushing the boundary's of the rights we all share. Not exactly sure how to slow this all down but yes, it is way out of hand.

Not only did they push the boundary on 1st amendment rights. These same people; that spoke glowingly of how New Zealand's prime minister was able to ram through gun confiscation legislation, and outlaw many types of firearms, in only nine days will scream bloody murder if legislation is introduced to hold them responsible for the recklessness of the content of what they print. The same folks who would think the strangulation of our (2nd amendment) Constitutional rights would just be a good days work long overdue will hide behind their own (1st amendment) Constitutional rights as being inviolate and necessary for freedom, democracy and The American Way. They will be right about the 1st amendment, but should be taken out and shot for considering their Constitutional rights (and themselves) to be more important than the general public's rights

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They should face some kind of charges, as well as anyone involved in that whole mess. Any attorneys involved should be disbarred, and any others involved should be charged with anything applicable and at the very least financially ruined in civil court.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Re-elect Trump. Re-elect McConnell. Fight tooth and nail to elect people who will work with the president at all levels, so he can appoint and confirm as many constitutionalist judges at all levels as possible. Keep the McCains out of congress, get rid of the ones that are already there if it can be done without jeopardizing which party holds the seat, or use house and senate rules to neuter them on the floor.

You may not like the tribalization of politics, but the next election is as important or more so than any in our lifetime. I rate it more important than electing Reagan because the stakes appear (to me) to be much higher. When we buried Communism, we failed to put a stake through its heart

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    For those who are shocked and amazed that the government could waste so much money investigating claims which stretch the bounds of reality....

....let me share one foto.

Issa-1920x1218.jpg

Given the build-up you gave the photo in your intro, I'm forced to conclude it is a climate change [STRIKE]rent-seeker[/STRIKE] 'scientist'. Or perhaps a string theorist?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My Google browser was removed so when I right click on the picture it no longer gives me the search Google for image. So I have no idea who it is.

Top Bottom