• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citycreek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    First, I know that the ATF has stopped allowing new SBRs to be made as "Multi" cal on a Form 1.

My question is:
    If there is a SBR that is already registered as "multi" cal, is there precedence for it remaining "multi" cal after it is transferred to a new owner on a Form 4?

So in other words: if someone has a SBR that is registered as "multi" cal, and they sell it and submit a Form 4, can it stay "multi" cal after being sold and transferred, or would a single, specific caliber be required to appear on the form in order to get the Form 4 is approved (as is done with Form 1)?

citycreek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I was advised that the caliber of the weapon being registered must be specified on the form 1, regardless of what the receiver says.

Yes, I know that is the case. My question is about a Form 4 for a SBR that was previously registered as "Multi" back during the brief time period when the ATF allowed such.

citycreek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I guess the easiest and surest thing to do would be for me to call the ATF and ask them this question.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I would put what ever the form 1 had on it. Your not making anything, it was already made.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I would put what ever the form 1 had on it. Your not making anything, it was already made.

+1

Although better that you don't screw up, errors on a form are really not a big deal. ATF calls you or sends you a letter and says fix it, you fix it, they approve it. This isn't really an error, but the same situation.

If anything it costs four or five days in waiting time.

If your worried just call them ahead of time and ask.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    If I put a stock on my GLOCK 22 in .40 cal, do a form 1 and get approved as a .40 caliber SBR, is it OK for me to put a 9mm barrel on it to shoot from time to time? It would have the same frame, just a different barrel and caliber.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    You need to submit a letter to the ATF stating that you will be using xx caliber with said gun. The ATF will reply stating that they got your letter.

Top Bottom