• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I finally picked up a Pps-43. I want to SBR it but I also want to have the ability to convert it to 9mm and back again to 7.62x25. I am new to this and looked at the form 1. It has caliber as one of the questions. What are the options, if any?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    They used to let you register several calibers on one form, most examiners (Including Indiana's) will not allow it anymore. You need to register it with one caliber adn then change at will. As long as the change is not permanent and different from the form, you are not obligated to inform ATF of the caliber change. Even if it is permanent, you are only"asked" to inform ATF.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I looked at a factory colt SBR the other day. THe guy in the shop said that the barrel length and caliber were marked on the form from the manufacturer and ATF and you couldn't change the barrel length or caliber. I understand this is different than building one yourself, but do you think his statement is true about the factory made SBR?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I looked at a factory colt SBR the other day. THe guy in the shop said that the barrel length and caliber were marked on the form from the manufacturer and ATF and you couldn't change the barrel length or caliber. I understand this is different than building one yourself, but do you think his statement is true about the factory made SBR?

No, you need a dealer that knows what the NFA regulations are.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Tag.

I also want a PPS-43 SBR, so please post updates.

BTW are the "parts kits" worth it?

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    No, you need a dealer that knows what the NFA regulations are.

Thanks Corey...I didn't think he was correct, but I had never seen an SBR from the factory. So I wasn't sure. You have no need to worry I wouldn't have bought anything from him anyway. That was just one of the more belivable loads of BS I've encountered in the gunshop.

Top Bottom