• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I've got both a Leatherman Wingman and a Gerber (no idea the model). Of the 2, the Gerber seems to have the sharpest blade, but I guess I got tired of having to extend the pliers to get to the knife or scissors as now the Leatherman lives in my pocket and the Gerber is in my dresser. I think both are quality and it really is personal preference.

--Rick

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've got both a Leatherman Wingman and a Gerber (no idea the model). Of the 2, the Gerber seems to have the sharpest blade, but I guess I got tired of having to extend the pliers to get to the knife or scissors as now the Leatherman lives in my pocket and the Gerber is in my dresser. I think both are quality and it really is personal preference.

--Rick

Bingo. I use the extra bits in the handles of my Gerber but manly the screw driver bits. The rest rarely if ever come out. The Gerber is in a sheath on my belt and comes out at the ready due to endless usage and I have it down to a science. Muscle memory just like drawing my side arm. Just a natural movement and the pliers are open and in use. That is the tools main function. Not unlike Rhino I have multiple knives (2) for different needs.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Late to the party, but the Gerber 600 is hands down the best multi tool I’ve ever had, I have had 3, lost one, broke all the parts on the other, and am still carrying the 3rd!!!

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've been carrying a Leatherman Juice XE6 on my key chain for coming up on 14 years. I've sent it in once to have it replaced, about 10 years ago, after extensive amounts of abuse in industrial environments. I have absolutely no complaints with it. It's the ideal size and proper tool selection for EDC for me.

Waaay back in the day when I first bought mine, tool selection was the only concern for me. As I recall, getting a multitool in the size I wanted with a pair of scissors AND a file left pretty much just the XE6. Both are absolutely critical for me since neither is EVER around when I need one way out in the middle of a factory or junkyard. You always remember your sockets or hammer, but never a file...

If I had to buy a new one today, I'd shop the same way. What tools do you want on it and who makes one that has what you want? Victornox, Gerber, Leatherman, who cares? They're probably all pretty decent at a certain price point.

Top Bottom