• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Can anyone tell me - and PLEASE don't answer unless you truly KNOW - the answers to these two questions?

1. Is there any prohibition in Indiana law against carrying two Handguns at a time?

2. Are non-traditional pistols (like Scorpions, MPXs, with arm braces) considered pistols in the context of a LTCH?

Again, please offer facts and/or direct anecdotal evidence ONLY, opinion and conjecture do much more harm than good in situations like this. Thanks.

1. Nope, you may carry as many as physically possible. In fact, in theory (and IANAL), you could even carry one in each hand and be perfectly fine (legally) as long as you don't point them at someone. Of course, you should expect a prompt police response, being tasered, detained, make the news (or youtube if that was your goal), and possibly even be arrested and later released with no charges.

2. If you have a LTCH in Indiana, you are covered. As long as the gun is legal to own, you may carry it if you have a LTCH.

Again, IANAL... so basically everything I just said is meaningless.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    IAAL...but I'm not talking.

I mean, I'll throw in a freebie from time to time, but only when I'm in a good mood.

Not really sure. I didn't think my questions were out of line. Don't know that I've seen many trolls on here before.

Your questions were fine. However, someone may have interpreted your last line as: "I don't want a conversation, I want answers, so don't bore me with a discussion." If someone interpreted that line in such a fashion, they may have come to the conclusion that it was not a friendly a thing to say.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Why is it that every thread that someone asks a specific question we get a troll.
    Why is that.

Maybe because the poster asked a specific question then told us who could and could not answer the question. Then he went on and told INGO that they could not offer opinion and conjecture. Seriously, CM... you have been around INGO long enough to know that there is not a single thread that that is void of opinion and conjecture. What on earth did you expect the response to be? The entire question reeked of superiority complex.

Can anyone tell me - and PLEASE don't answer unless you truly KNOW - the answers to these two questions?
    Again, please offer facts and/or direct anecdotal evidence ONLY, opinion and conjecture do much more harm than good in situations like this

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe because the poster asked a specific question then told us who could and could not answer the question. Then he went on and told INGO that they could not offer opinion and conjecture. Seriously, CM... you have been around INGO long enough to know that there is not a single thread that that is void of opinion and conjecture. What on earth did you expect the response to be? The entire question reeked of superiority complex.

My response is in no way directed at you sir. It is for the masses.

It did. But did you respond in that way. Nope. Did it need to be responded to in that way. Nope. Did our boy respond like a know it all.....yup. Did he offer anything of merit to this thread.....nope but we sure had some conversation from it.

Yeah I have been here a long time. Lots of posts and interactions. Not all of mine were gracious either at 1st. I got set back on my tail more than a few times.

The site is alive with anxiety. Emotions are high on every level and people that do not normally show it.....are showing it. Sit in this chair for a few days. You will feel pretty much as I do. I am tired of the bickering and :bs: from people like our boy here and for no good reason. Yes the OP is a bit of a snoot the way he posted the question but that is no reason to be snarky about it. Just do not stick your silliness into the mix. Our boy got an infraction for this. Not from me either. If you are put off by a post just ignore the dammed thing so we don't see a report and have to do something about it. I read a lot and there is no way we can read every post. Just impossible. With all the high profile threads rolling fast its a tough one to stay on top of.

Stop the stupid :poop: people.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's a take-away from this: if a gun owner asks a question about handgun quantity and the Indiana LTCH, how many Mad Mom Red Shirts/Everytown DBs/Noblesville Parents/politicians with a D after their name are looking at the same thing and figuring out how to further limit our rights?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think I have ever carried more than 2 at any point in time except maybe goofing around at some point.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    IAAL...but I'm not talking.

I mean, I'll throw in a freebie from time to time, but only when I'm in a good mood.

Your questions were fine. However, someone may have interpreted your last line as: "I don't want a conversation, I want answers, so don't bore me with a discussion." If someone interpreted that line in such a fashion, they may have come to the conclusion that it was not a friendly a thing to say.

Just a thought.

Ya know what? I said what I meant, and if someone CHOOSES to interpret it differently, that's their problem, not mine. What isn't appropriate is using their interpretation as a springboard to chastising, castigating, or harassing the OP for something they didn't say. If they're looking for an argument, they should go elsewhere. It wasn't my intent and I said nothing to that effect whatsoever. And by the way, all the talk about "how it is in these forums" should be left to the moderators, whose jobs it is to define and enforce "how it is in these forums". I don't care about others' impressions of what the rules "should" be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ya know what? I said what I meant, and if someone CHOOSES to interpret it differently, that's their problem, not mine. What isn't appropriate is using their interpretation as a springboard to chastising, castigating, or harassing the OP for something they didn't say. If they're looking for an argument, they should go elsewhere. It wasn't my intent and I said nothing to that effect whatsoever. And by the way, all the talk about "how it is in these forums" should be left to the moderators, whose jobs it is to define and enforce "how it is in these forums". I don't care about others' impressions of what the rules "should" be.

OK I ask we not be snoots so please….leave it go. I handled it as you said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom