• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Haa that's hilarious, trying to catch up on the INGO threads I wasn't on at all yesterday!

but oh ya, 24/7 w/ the gun, I don't really trust Muncie locals (no offense to the guys on this board, you know who I'm talking about in Muncie) I've lived off Jackson St. for the past 3 years and have heard shots from my house all 3 years! Not to mention a butt load of other crazy stuff. We should go to the range sometime though

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Im down, im a block behind tis bookstore this year. Next year ill be by the parking garage on the south side of campus. We should all get together sometime or something... preferably when it gets warm out, this 4 degree bs wouldnt be too fun to shoot in hahah.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    Haa that's hilarious, trying to catch up on the INGO threads I wasn't on at all yesterday!

but oh ya, 24/7 w/ the gun, I don't really trust Muncie locals (no offense to the guys on this board, you know who I'm talking about in Muncie) I've lived off Jackson St. for the past 3 years and have heard shots from my house all 3 years! Not to mention a butt load of other crazy stuff. We should go to the range sometime though

ahh yes muncies finest. gotta love it.

im down for some range time though

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Lets do it! Springtime ill set up a meet and greet and we should all get together. Im not familiar with any ranges in muncie, but Im a member in fort wayne. We have trap, skeet, archery, 100 50 25 ranges, and tons of places to camp or have fires, and a big ass rec room. Although its an hour north.

Whatever you guys want to do. As long as im surrounded by local gun owners im good haha!

do you guys have facebook???

Ed Bean | Facebook

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Hey that's fine! Wilbur Wright is only 20 minutes from campus..it's a free outdoor range....Ive got a good pair of gloves so I am always down to hit the range, I reallly dont care on the weather so Im always down to shoot

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Lets do it! Springtime ill set up a meet and greet and we should all get together. Im not familiar with any ranges in muncie, but Im a member in fort wayne. We have trap, skeet, archery, 100 50 25 ranges, and tons of places to camp or have fires, and a big ass rec room. Although its an hour north.

Whatever you guys want to do. As long as im surrounded by local gun owners im good haha!

do you guys have facebook???

Ed Bean | Facebook

Where in Ft Wayne? I will add you after I check it out. My fiance is from Ft. Wayne so I will most likely join even though she is not gun friendly....really depends on the topic..do as to others as you would do to yourself!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Click on the satellite view and take a look around. All the woods around there we can camp and have fires and whatever. The big building is a lounge area with a bunch of tables, they have drinks and whatever. Outside by the building is trap and skeet, all you need is to bring your own clays and they take care of throwing them, I usually just tip the guy a few bucks. To the right of that is the 100 50 25 ranges, they are making a pistol range in the spring or summer.

Its $140 for a family, $30(I think) for an individual for a year. If you guys dont want to join its only $5 per day if you come with a member (me).

Im going to set up a bunch of meet and greets and shoots when it gets nice out. You guys are more than welcome to join.

If not, we should meet in muncie and go shooting around here.

Google Maps

add me on FB! whats your first name so I know who you are.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Hey that's fine! Wilbur Wright is only 20 minutes from campus..it's a free outdoor range....Ive got a good pair of gloves so I am always down to hit the range, I reallly dont care on the weather so Im always down to shoot

thats not in new castle right... ive been there once. Decent range, but always full.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    He goes, "nope, Indiana allows open carry", she then says that her husband carries every day but has a Florida LTCH! So it ended up turning out alright I suppose. If bsu PD were called, I'm sure it would have been a little different.

Glad everything turned out good for your buddy. But I hope you or him informed that lady that if her husband is a IN resident, he needs a IN LTCH.

Muncieguy83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Hey guys I live in muncie and have recently received my license. I'm glad to know no one has really had any issues with OC in town. I'm also glad there seems to be a decent amount of people in the muncie area on this forum!

So let me get this right, its not illegal to carry on campus, just against the rules? Being BSU alumni would I face any consequences if I got caught? I'm only asking because I typically like to jog through campus at night during the warmer months and I think it would be a good idea to have my gun on me.

But obviously if its concealed no one would know!

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding, it is not illegal to carry on campus, just against BSU policy.

Muncieguy83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I wish they would stop harassing me for donations! I just got a packet in the mail last week informing me how important it was to donate!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    My friend james (proud gun owner) worked in the alum office. He was one of the guys that calls and asks for donations. He said he hated his job and hated making people deal with this crap, but it was a paying job. There arent that many around in muncie. I hate getting harassed for donations as much as the next guy, but at least they are employing some people. :dunno:

jason

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Delaware Co.
    Hey guys I live in muncie and have recently received my license. I'm glad to know no one has really had any issues with OC in town. I'm also glad there seems to be a decent amount of people in the muncie area on this forum!

So let me get this right, its not illegal to carry on campus, just against the rules? Being BSU alumni would I face any consequences if I got caught? I'm only asking because I typically like to jog through campus at night during the warmer months and I think it would be a good idea to have my gun on me.

But obviously if its concealed no one would know!

The worst they could do is ask you to leave campus property, or file trespassing charges if you don't leave when they ask you. It doesn't sound like you're a student, so they probably won't be able to expel you or anything.

You're just looking out for yourself and there have been reports of muggings, assaults, etc. on campus and you just want to ensure your safety while out getting some exercise.

I have seen the BSU Students for Concealed Carry group on Facebook, but it seems to have disbanded due to lack of leadership. I really hope another group of students can get it going again. With proper leadership they could probably get something done.

Back to the OP's topic. I haven't and will not open carry due to the people that I may run into from my job, but I have at least one friend who does OC regularly. To my knowledge, he has not been asked to leave any place that he has gone while open carrying.

Top Bottom