• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Found out last night my youngest daughter S is bringing her niece, my granddaughter (K) and meeting me there.
    S & C even went out and bought K a onsie and used clothing paint to put "Future Gun Owner" on the back of it.
    C has to work or she would be right there with us.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Everybody think dry thoughts! The weather has a better chance of not raining than raining.

No Mosin, yes Glock.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    good morning folks. another bump. This is tomorrow and we could use all the support we can get there. I do understand it is summer, it is a Saturday etc. Standing up for our rights isn't always a 9-5 job though. Thank you again if you can or can not attend. We do appreciate the warm thoughts sent to us so we can continue fighting for us all

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Last bump... getting ready for bed and then heading out early in the morning.

Thanks to all who can make it

for those who can't hopefully we'll have one in the future that will work for you

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    70 degrees and zero chance of rain for the rally!! I'm not going as far as to say God is on our side, I'm just sayin...
    :D:ingo::draw:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    It was a good day - no rain
    I met a few folks from here and previous rally's ... There are some photos floating around Facebook and then later there should be an article in "The Star Press" ...

I'm gonna wait to write up the AAR for the rally on IMAGC after 'THE STAR PRESS' gets an article
    ... or let one of the Mom's actually do it for the FBk Site ...
    but for the moment I got 2 pieces I'll share here a while - hopefully it all comes through right.

1. - Photo Gallery by the reporter(s) (1 or 2 there, not sure if they were together or not):
    http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pb...30629&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=306290026&Ref=PH

2. - A brief Video taken talking to a couple of people (some you'll recognize)
    http://trc.taboola.com/gannett-thes...starpress.com/videonetwork/2517561812001&r=48

More later. Good to see / meet a few of you.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    thanks BB3 for the links. If you don't mind making sure to link for the article when it prints.

Thanks to all who joined us and it was nice meeting you all.

I packed up and was just hitting McGalliard Rd when the rain came pouring down. And I do mean POURING!!! Got just a bit wet when I stopped for something to drink on the way home. (drowned rat is more like it!!)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Any idea who the guy is in the first link pic #19?
    Just wanted to give a shout out to another pipeliner, and to see if I recognized the name. I used to work for the same company (insignia on hat), up here in the north.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just wanted to give a shout out to another pipeliner, and to see if I recognized the name. I used to work for the same company (insignia on hat), up here in the north.
    I remember seeing him, seemed like a nice guy.

You can't tell from the angle, but picture 11, Gadsden Flag and a Glock, that's a handsome devil there!:D

Seriously, the guy to my left handed me the Gadsden Flag. That flag is a Tea Partier magnet.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    We got a fairly good write up (neutral, lacking some of the frequent bias the MSM usually shows from The Star Press today.

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20130630/NEWS01/306300037/gun-rally-women-Muncie

MUNCIE — Ball State University student Hailey Griggs, 21, carries a small gun, a pink one, in a cell-phone-type case in her purse.“I feel safer,” she said. “And I feel everyone should have the right to carry a gun if they want to.”
    She was joined by about 40 other people for an Indiana Moms Against Gun Control rally outside the Delaware County Building.
    Many were carrying visible weapons — pistols tucked into the back of their jeans, rifles slung over their shoulders.
    Griggs was carrying a “James Bond” gun, visible in a holster on her hip. That one belongs to her dad.
    He was standing nearby with a rifle and said he’s the one who encouraged her to start carrying a gun.
    “She’s a female and women are the targets of a lot of crime,” Gerald Griggs said. “I want her to be able to defend herself against whatever may come up.”
    MeLinda Porter, the founder of Indiana Moms, said she felt it was important to have a local rally “close to home.” She lives in Delaware County and has already had rallies in Indianapolis and Lafayette.
    “It’s important for people to see the support for themselves,” she said as she passed around letters to sign — addressed to senators about gun control — to all of the women and men who walked up.
    Patti Voyler, an Indiana Moms member who came up from Indianapolis, said she has been seeing supporters of all ages at the rallies. This one, she said, was no exception.
    “There are teens to people in their twenties, people in their seventies,” she said. “Everyone is willing to stand up for what they believe.”
    What she believes, what she tries to get across to anyone who will listen, is that “just because I carry a gun it doesn’t mean I’m not a normal person.”
    Lisa Pierce, who made the trip from Carmel, owns Hide & Carry, which sells handbags with special compartments just for guns.
    “Business is good,” she said as she handed out cards from one of her purses. “More women want to protect themselves.”
    Melanie Shorter grew up shooting guns with her dad. “Women should be able to protect themselves,” she said. “I don’t want to see that taken away.”
    Amy Slike, who came to the rally from Noblesville, said she started carrying a gun four years ago. “It’s just the way it is now,” she said when asked why she started. “It’s scarier now.”
    Sara Houin, 23, was carrying a gun and her one-year-old niece, Kynli, who was wearing a onesie with the words “Future Gun Owner” on the back.
    “It’s our right to carry and we need to protect that right for future generations,” she said, smiling at the little girl in her arms.
    About 30 minutes into the rally, Porter took the microphone as those in the crowd held up signs and waved “Don’t Tread On Me” flags to reiterate that right.
    “It’s a right worth fighting for,” Porter told the crowd. “Keep fighting the fight and tell all of your friends...try to talk some sense into them.”

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I remember speaking with him but do not remember a name.

Top Bottom