Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I belonged back in about 1995 & 1996 while a student at BSU. It is a club house type indoor shooting (pistol length) range on the southside. I really enjoyed shooting NRA bullseye in both centerfire and smallbore there. It has been years since I have been there, not sure what has changed.

I remember an old timer named Jim Smith (Smitty) that was 100% character, that old fella could fix annnnnnything gun related. I think he was a machinest at Delco.

HTH

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    thanks for the info, curraheeguns

I'm going to go check it out in person. Would be great to have a local place to go shoot. I don't need anything fancy, and it would be mucho cheaper than driving to Pops regularly.

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    LOL - I'm still here.
    Anyway, yes I joined and just renewed my membership for year 2. It's a nice, basic club with a 50 foot range. Best thing to do is to go on the monthly meeting night, third Tues of the month at 7pm (actually, I suggest get there about 6:45 before the meeting begins). 2001 West 12th. Street. The club leadership will get you the application form, show you the range, discuss the rules, etc. It's affordable.

colts fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    I used to go when I was on the rifle team for BSU. I asume is has not changed much from 2002. I think I will try and stop by next month. Do you know if they will have people at the Muncie gun show in Feb? About how long does it take to get all the paperwork done?

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    I recall having to get the application notarized, so you can't get it all done at once. Also, they have to officially approve you at the next meeting. So, it may take some time to complete, unfortunately.

I think they do always have a table at the Muncie show with applications.

I don't think there is a rifle club at BSU anymore, is there?

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I dont believe so. Gora is way too far to the left to allow anyone to have a gun club. You should have seen the response letter she wrote me when I asked to start one or if she could LOOK INTO concealed carry on campus...like that was going to happen. Their policy is if you get 3 or more people, they will be recognized by bsu as a club... however I believe they exclude drugs, booze, and guns.

6771qe.jpg

Btw, I would love to go to that club. Im already a member in fort wayne, so I really dont have the cash to join, but if its $5 or something for guests im 100% down. All im waiting on is my LTCH permit to come in... should be in the next week or two.

Last edited:

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    BSU links

EdBean-

I'm not aware of any actual official rule against rifle/pistol related campus groups at BSU. Thus, it may be possible (again) if there is strong (but respectful), devoted, and clear thinking student leadership.

Check out the following:
    Ball State Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Discussions | Facebook

Ball State University - Student Organizations

NEWS Ball State Group Wants Gun Rights On Campus

This last article indicates that Dr. Paul Chandler in NREM is / was? the faculty advisor for the "concealed carry" student group on campus. Might be worth looking into further, as you'll need a faculty advisor for a student group. MAKE SURE IT IS AN ALREADY TENURED PROFESSOR.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I dont believe so. Gora is way too far to the left to allow anyone to have a gun club. You should have seen the response letter she wrote me when I asked to start one or if she could LOOK INTO concealed carry on campus...like that was going to happen. Their policy is if you get 3 or more people, they will be recognized by bsu as a club... however I believe they exclude drugs, booze, and guns.

6771qe.jpg

Btw, I would love to go to that club. Im already a member in fort wayne, so I really dont have the cash to join, but if its $5 or something for guests im 100% down. All im waiting on is my LTCH permit to come in... should be in the next week or two.

Not when I was there. They had a group on campus who done something related to the support of Canibus or however you spell it. They would sell grilled cheese sandwiches at the scramble light:D

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    EdBean-

I'm not aware of any actual official rule against rifle/pistol related campus groups at BSU. Thus, it may be possible (again) if there is strong (but respectful), devoted, and clear thinking student leadership.

Check out the following:
    Ball State Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Discussions | Facebook

Ball State University - Student Organizations

NEWS Ball State Group Wants Gun Rights On Campus

This last article indicates that Dr. Paul Chandler in NREM is / was? the faculty advisor for the "concealed carry" student group on campus. Might be worth looking into further, as you'll need a faculty advisor for a student group. MAKE SURE IT IS AN ALREADY TENURED PROFESSOR.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of those groups.

colts fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    I was on the team back in 01 or 02. ROTC ran it then, but anyone could join. Also Dr. Chandler is a good guy. I had 2 classes with him.

Top Bottom