Munitionsfabrik Bereit (Finally)! Indy Shopping?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, inspired by INGO, Saturday I finally set up the Ammunition factory (my Dillon press) including purchasing a new tumbler from Four Guns in Lafayette. I cleaned and deprimed about a five hundred cases yesterday/last night so have plenty of brass ready.

(Pics to follow)

The component shopping was less than fruitful but I have my agent in Indianapolis willing to go shopping to bring up stuff up the MSR to Lafayette. Where do you recommend I send him? Plainfield Shooting Supply still carry reloading supplies?

I have a list for the gun show at the end of August and will put a money in the mail to Graf & Sons or Missouri Bullet, but need to get started and back in the swing of reloading after 10 months off from the remodel.

Where in Indy would you go buy reloading supplies?

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Yes, Plainfield has most common calibers covered, not cheap but nothing having to do with reloading is cheap! The Atterbury range has a nice array of powders and primers which are well priced. The outdoorsman shop down on hwy 135 south in Greenwood has bullets, primers, and powder but I find those prices on the "I can buy it at Midway and pay shipping that cheap" end of the spectrum.:patriot:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I've also picked up powders and primers from Indiana Gun Club in the Geist area of NE Indy. Same people that run Atterbury and they have excellent prices on both. Being that they're only 10 mins from my house makes a diff too. I've also picked up supplies from Bradis II when I get a chance to go down there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here are the photos of the reloading room since I started last summer:

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODA3LTAwMDE3LmpwZw.jpg

Here's the new press a Dillon 550:
    utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODA3LTAwMDE2LmpwZw.jpg

Here's the new Frankfort Arsenal Tumbler that I purchased at Four Guns since my Midway, circa 1989, went TU:

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODA3LTAwMDE4LmpwZw.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Nice job on the reloading room, Kirk! That's almost enough to inspire me to get back into it; my Dillon XL650 has been gathering dust since my son was born... and he's 5-1/2 now. :eek:

What calibers will you be reloading for?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What calibers will you be reloading for?

I have enough dies to startle Ian Hogg but I concentrate on .45acp, .38, .44mag, .223, .308, 8mm Mauser and my own pet 6.5X.284 pet load.

The re-model took a lot of time and effort. Need to get back at it, can't have INGO making me so envious.:laugh:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Hey Kirk, have you ever been to Salees in Klondike? Lawn mower repair on one side, gun shop on the other. It's been over a year since I stopped in there, but I think he told me he takes customer orders, then placed one big order once a month. Kind of a cost share deal on the haz mat charges that way. Same deal with firearms he doesn't have in stock. Might be worth a phone call.

Top Bottom