Not open for further replies.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Picked up my prize today ... :rockwoot:

My buddy who is the Shriner who sold me the ticket went down with me to pick it up.

I bought him lunch for selling me a winning ticket :D

Kind of interesting in that the Gander card was for $50 less than the cheapest version of the particular item I was designated to have won on the Gander website. Not complaining at all, just an observation. I'll have to see what the item goes for at the Gander store. I would have been in search of something different in any case, so this will likely make a nice down payment on another item.

The tickets indicated the prize would be the Shriner's price on the items so I assumed they were getting a better than retail deal due to volume/non profit, etc.

From what I understand, the cash equivalent was for what GM paid for the firearm. As they donated the gun, they aren't going to donate their profit margin as well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From what I understand, the cash equivalent was for what GM paid for the firearm. As they donated the gun, they aren't going to donate their profit margin as well.

I doubt that GM donated anything, but could be wrong.

Per the initial post:

"Winners may trade their item for a gift certificate issued by Gander Mountain for the retail value paid by Murat Shrine for the item"

Bottom line, I don't think I can get the specific item I won with the value on the gift card, but I'll have to check it out in store, as it is possible the local store price is different from the Gander website.

As stated, I'm still very happy about winning :banana:The Shriners had a great event.

Of course, there was a certificate from the Murat attached to the GC that indicated what I had won, so it is also entirely possible that it may be that if I go to Gander in Greenwood (based on the initial post that is the specific Gander the Shriners were in participation with) and present the GC and the printed certificate that I may be able to claim the particular item. I won't find out, however, as it is most likely that I may pick up another Glock :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I doubt that GM donated anything, but could be wrong.

Per the initial post:

"Winners may trade their item for a gift certificate issued by Gander Mountain for the retail value paid by Murat Shrine for the item"

Bottom line, I don't think I can get the specific item I won with the value on the gift card, but I'll have to check it out in store, as it is possible the local store price is different from the Gander website.

Of course, there was a certificate from the Murat attached to the GC that indicated what I had won, so it is also entirely possible that it may be that if I go to Gander in Greenwood (based on the initial post that is the specific Gander the Shriners were in participation with) and present the GC and the printed certificate that I may be able to claim the particular item. I won't find out, however, as it is most likely that I may pick up another Glock :rockwoot:
    You are correct, they were able to buy the guns at cost. You can either take the gun you won, or take the price they paid and apply to something else. Too bad it'll be a glock. :D

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I imagine with buying 60 guns the Shriners didn't pay the same retail price as someone walking in off the street to buy one gun. They probably got a break and therefore you see the $50 difference.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I imagine with buying 60 guns the Shriners didn't pay the same retail price as someone walking in off the street to buy one gun. They probably got a break and therefore you see the $50 difference.

Yep, that's kind of what I figured.

Again, not complaining, just passing on the info. Can't be unhappy about winning gun money :D

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Picked up my prize today ... :rockwoot:

My buddy who is the Shriner who sold me the ticket went down with me to pick it up.

I bought him lunch for selling me a winning ticket :D

Kind of interesting in that the Gander card was for $50 less than the cheapest version of the particular item I was designated to have won on the Gander website. Not complaining at all, just an observation. I'll have to see what the item goes for at the Gander store. I would have been in search of something different in any case, so this will likely make a nice down payment on another item.

The tickets indicated the prize would be the Shriner's price on the items so I assumed they were getting a better than retail deal due to volume/non profit, etc.

Glad someone here won! The guy who put this on is a pretty good negotiator, so we got a little bit of a break on price. But, when you drop over $20k in a single visit, they'll work with you.....

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Managed to turn my Gift Card into another Glock today. Got Gander to price match another local store who had one in stock as GM was about $90 over priced, and then broke out the gift card :rockwoot:

I looked around a good bit in the store, and might have picked up an AimPoint, but apparently GM doesn't carry Aimpoint. I thought about picking up some smaller stuff, or put it towards a safe, or even pick up some fishing stuff but I figured I should put it toward a gun if I could find one I wanted and get them to price matched to a reasonable price, which I did.

Thanks again.

First time I've purchased a gun at GM. Probably the last unless I just run into some significant reason to like I did this time. I just generally prefer my LGS to the big box for this type of purchase. Kind of a strange experience as they really put on the hard sell tactics for accessories, warranty, etc. When I told the guy no to the additional $30 warranty as the gun could be completely detail disassembled with a punch, there was an armorer on every corner, and if all that failed, I'd get Glock to deal with it, he didn't know how to act. It was kind of like being at a bad car dealership.

And no surprises here and not necessarily a bad thing, but GM has ammo that is not on the shelves, that they will offer to you if you buy a gun. It is not cheap.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bumping an old thread, as I just bought tickets to this year's event. Seems it is in August this year. Does anyone know if minors can attend? I know you have to be 18 to buy the ticket, but honestly can't remember if there were kids at the actual event last year. I'm looking to take my son down to the actual event this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom