• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If they're not, it would be really cool if they could be preserved, like maybe with a polyurethane coating or something. They look like coral!

She said they are crown-tipped corral mushrooms. She is fairly new at this though (and doesn't eat them.)

Being new at mushroom identification also myself, I'm not quick to to experiment. waaa:stretcher:waaa2

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    She said they are crown-tipped corral mushrooms. She is fairly new at this though (and doesn't eat them.)

Being new at mushroom identification also myself, I'm not quick to to experiment. waaa:stretcher:waaa2
    Yep, they're crown-tipped corals. Edible but very delicate and have to be used pretty quickly, they don't store well. If you wait a few days they'll get crumbly. They're nice to add into a soup at the very end before serving.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Not being from Indiana, the mushroom hunting thing was never part of my life. My Hoosier wife loves the activity, so I try to be understanding.

I came home the other day and my wife was nearly grieving. She explained that some friends were selling their house and woods and moving to a smaller house in town. I replied it was a good thing because of age related problems. It turned out that she was grieving access to a highly productive place to mushroom hunt.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Neighbor lady has been bringing me maitake mushrooms, hen of the woods. (Many thanks to philo for exact identification!)

View attachment 162454

She likes to woods walk and find them, but doesn't eat them. She eats my garden produce though. ;)
    We call these Sheepshead.
    A few houses down from me has a nice chicken of the woods I'm gonna stop and ask about in the next couple days.

Top Bottom