• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's difficult for Americans and other Westerners to understand why someone would believe so fervently in what we describe as irrational ideas. That is because the only thing we really believe in is that we can make up our beliefs as we go.

Turns out the vast majority of the rest of the world does not operate this way. Much of the world is in violent conflict over ideas. The Muslims are not the only people actively fighting Christians. The Chinese and Russians are (and have been) hard at work trying to systematically eradicate Christians.

Any people who hold a muscular ideology will respond with violence to any who attempt to subvert or oppose that ideology.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You are wrong, but let's suspend disbelief for a moment.

If you are right and they are the same, then why do you think they are killing each other?

I'll take "because they believe that their way is the ONLY true way and everyone else (even those who claim to worship the same God) is wrong and must die for their heresy" for $1,000, Alex.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll take "because they believe that their way is the ONLY true way and everyone else (even those who claim to worship the same God) is wrong and must die for their heresy" for $1,000, Alex.
    But if they are the "same" - islamofascists and muslims - then it is the "same way."

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    When your ideology demands violence, you fight whoever is closest.

I don't think they're passing over Christians or Jews to fight muslims.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When your ideology demands violence, you fight whoever is closest.

I don't think they're passing over Christians or Jews to fight muslims.

But there must be something different between muslims for them to attack each other. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    But there must be something different between muslims for them to attack each other. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Just like when the Irish Christians were fighting each other. Normally it's dogmatic differences, not ideological differences.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just like when the Irish Christians were fighting each other. Normally it's dogmatic differences, not ideological differences.

To paraphrase the neo-classical contemporary philosopher, Forrest Gump, "Different is as different does."

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."
    "Why shouldn't I?" he asked.
    "Well, there's so much to live for!"
    "Like what?"
    "Are you religious?"
    He said: "Yes."
    I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
    "Christian."
    "Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
    "Protestant."
    "Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
    "Baptist."
    "Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
    "Baptist Church of God."
    "Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
    "Reformed Baptist Church of God."
    "Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"
    He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."
    I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Catholic/Methodist/Baptist/Episcopalian/Church of Christ = Sunni/Shia/Alawites/Sufi/Yazidis without all the killing.

Well, now. There's plenty of killing in our pasts.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

THIS.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, now. There's plenty of killing in our pasts.

THIS.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

How can I subscribe to your manga? :)

Top Bottom