• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Been away for awhile and just read thru most of the thread. What a great start to getting organized. I'm proud to live in Indiana with good people like yourselves, even if we disagree sometimes.

FUTURE PLANNING/IDEA/COMMENT:

I noticed that cell phone/landline communication is a primary method in some of the previous threads. In the event of those methods failing on a state-wide/country-wide basis (use your imagination as to why) maybe a courier or "runner" from each Area/Zone could be appointed and at some point, tested. A "mock drill" idea sort of thing.

1. This type of position should be strictly voluntary due to the high risk in the event of a real need. A unique individual to say the least would be needed. Someone trustworthy. A true Patriot.

2. A code word, phrase, handshake, signal (whatever) could be proof of who is delivering the message and from what area. In a real situation, infiltration should be expected.

3. A predetermined rendezvous point with two additional meeting points in the event of being blocked could be part of the plan.

4. A time limit (not a race) could be set in the event of the runner not meeting his rendezvous point. If the runner fails to show, the receiving runner/contact person should have instructions on how to react.

Let me be very clear about this. I am not part of nor do I support any militia in any way. If that is your thing, then fine. It's not mine. This is about citizen organization. The goal is to keep it clean and legal for as long as possible which is hopefully for a very long time.

Ok. Nuff said there.

When modern forms of communication fail, some form of in person contact will need to replace it. HAM Radio is fine unless the scenario is dark and I mean ugly dark. Jamming and monitoring will become the norm. Phone and internet would be out of the question if they were still functioning.

If such a plan is ever exercised in a Mock Drill, expenses such as gas, road food, etc. could be covered thru donations from each area. The runner is worth more than some would think.

I also like the word "Area" and maybe sub-zones and sectors could define the areas of the state a little better. Some parts of Indiana are open farm fields, some heavily wooded and some are urban clusters.

If a large scale situation occurs (think big now) and we realize we can't hide forever, we will need to be really, really, organized. You will be shocked to see people turn on each other in the early days. Going it alone is one way but few will go that way.

Don't shoot me for trying to see the 50,000 foot view or typing long replies. Just park this idea in your mind and when needed, pull the rip cord.

Please don't ask "why would we ever need to do such a thing". If you have to ask, you are not eligible to run.

Bull13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hamilton Cty
    Has anyone contacted you for the northern Indy area. Im up here as well. I tried a year or so back to make connections with a few but it never amounted to anything. What's going on now?

Bull13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hamilton Cty
    Having any luck with connecting with like minders? Im catching up on this thread but figured I ask anyway. PM me if interested or canget each other up to speed. Im in southern Hamilton, Carmel area.

glocktoys

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north
    ok me and a couple friends are thinking along the lines here. where can we get more ideas for our setting aside of the needed items and what works and does not. anyone up in the south bend/mishawaka area to help give ideas?

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Bull13, jrb466, and indysafe317, I'd be interested too. I live in Marion County, right on the hamilton county line. I've not read all the post so I might be missing some information on others in the area. I'd like to hear back.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    NWI INGO members please contact jediagh or ghostofwinter via PM and provide us your email address. NWI MSG group is on a private Google Groups account.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom